Hi I am a 35 years old woman and I am interested in acupuncture. I am a rather real upstanding type of person, and I don’t really believe in all of that mumbo – jumbo. Does it really work? Is it a psychosomatic cure, or a real one? Could someone help me on this one? But you must know that I want to hear something concrete.

There are numerous benefits of acupuncture. It doesn’t work just for anything. It works on (checked) menstrual cramps, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia. Generally, it is supposed to relieve you from pain. But for some things it has a psychosomatic effect. Take smoking for instance. There is evidence that acupuncture can increase the success of fertilization and also promote fertility on its own, both male and female. It is said that it works on depression, arthritis, and it helps with nausea from chemotherapy.