I have some problems regarding my health condition and it is not that serious to demand a surgery. And the thing is that I have an idea of going on acupuncture so my question is which acupuncture points are and how they are to be found and does that thing with affecting acupuncture points is effective at all.

Well it depends on who are you talking to for some claims it is worth of trying while others just wave with their hands on only mentioning the acupuncture points. I don’t think that western medicine has accept the acupuncture as a reasonable way of treating the diseases but I personally now the person that swears in acupuncture power. Anyway what I have heard from her there are more hundreds of acupuncture points and they are spread all over the human body and not only the human –there are some people whose pets are treated by acupuncture treatment. Anyway acupuncture points are many and are distributed along the so called meridians that are actually connected points on the body that affects the specific area so every disease has its own acupuncture point. And your practitioner will surely know how to find them using the technique called –cun- it is measurement based on determining the proportional distances from one acupuncture point to another. Someone says that location of an acupuncture point might be determined also by touching the skin and where you feel the differences in temperature or in skin tenderness there is the acupuncture point but most of the practitioners wouldn’t agree with that.