Hi, I have put on a couple of pounds during the last few months. I would like to get rid of them. I don’t like to workout so I have decided to go on a diet. The problem is that I have tried all kinds of diet plans and none of them worked. And it is not because I didn’t follow the instructions. I was very disciplined and with some of the diet plans I even lost a few ponds but when I returned to normal life the weight would quickly go up again. I am wondering if diet plans are important. Should I try with another one or should I simply starve myself until I reach the desired weight?

Hi, I am sorry that you had to go through all that trouble to find out the truth. Diet plans from magazines and cook books don’t work. Those types of diets are too general and it is impossible that everyone who tries them will lose weight. You can lose few pounds during the diet but when you return to your everyday unhealthy habits the pounds will always come back. If you really want to lose weight you will have to change your life. That means that you will have to stick to the only diet plan that really works: eating healthy well balanced meals. You should talk to a nutritionist who can help you compose a diet plan that is best for you.