I am supposed to have my first acupuncture treatment tomorrow for the migraine headaches I have for years. I have decided to try to treat my migraines with acupuncture but now I am so terrified to even think of these acupuncture needles –does it hurt? I have those images in my head that those acupuncture needles are going to hurt me or make me some bruises or whatever so I need some info about how the things are going with acupuncture needles before I give it up. Thanks!

No, you don’t have to quit for having these acupuncture needles inserted through your skin is not a painful experience at all. I remember my first acupuncture treatment I lay down and shouted my eyes in expecting some terrible pain sensation and I was waiting and waiting…and the needles were already inserted and I didn’t almost feel anything. What I felt was something I thought my practitioner was preparing my skin for inserting the acupuncture needles but it has nothing to do with the pain. And again those acupuncture needles are not regular needles for they don’t have cutting end but rather doweled so you practically want feel no pain. Look at me I go to acupuncture treatment for years and that means I started believing in it for I could bet it helped me in solving my problems. The thing is that different persons have different reactions on acupuncture treatment meaning that for one person only one treatment could be enough to feel better while the other person could needed more treatments and in some rare cases there is reaction on acupuncture treatment manifested in worsening the health situation but it lasts only up to 2 days and after that the improvement is sure.