Hi there, I am 18 years old girl and I hate my life. I mean why I am living? My parents hate me, I don’t have many friends, and I am a total failure. What more can I say? Everything is against me. I am not good at school also. Well I don’t think that you will be able to cheer me up, but you can try.

First I must say that many teenagers feel this way. Trust me on this. Your parents love you. Maybe they don’t give you the attention they should, but they certainly love you. I know that you feel that all of this is big thing, but there are many problems in life you will encounter and all of this will look like “walk in the park”. As for friends, the important thing is not to let down on people who cares about you. As for school, that might be a problem but you will survive it just everyone else. You have much more to learn, and this might be an interesting path for you. I have only one proposition for you-enjoy while you are still young.

I agree with Norrie, the teen years are full of ups and downs and life can seem to be empty of any joy.

At 18 you should be just about to be ready to step into the adult world. Seek out work in an area of interest that you might have. Life can be a lot brighter when you enjoy your work and if you are working with people of a similar interest it is easier to make friends.

You can volunteer.....I am shy by nature and started volunteering with an animal rescue group and made friends quickly...you know how easy it is to stop and talk with someone walking their dog?...It could be working with little kids...or helping out the elderly...it boosts your self-esteem to help someone else.

I'll also tell you a secret...right now school may seem difficult and yes, boring..it was for me..and then I decided to go to college to get my nursing license and found since I had chosen MY area of interest and it was up to ME when to attend classes and at MY own pace, I really loved it and made friends there also. (sharing a similar interest again) :-D

Hang in there ...you are at an age you can start controlling your own life and the direction it takes..and if all that seems overwhelming, talk to a school counselor, that is what they are there for!!!

listen here young child
your parents do not hate you
and the reason you think you are a total failure is because you have no confidence, you need to be more optimistic
and many people arent good at school, i know im not, but i still keep my spirits high and hope for something good to happen