Hi! I am thinking about starting fasting since I have had some serious health issues. Namely, I have been diagnosed with lung cancer and it was surgically removed. The operation was successful but I feel worn out from all the chemotherapy and stress. I have heard from a friend of a certain person who even cured the cancer with water and juice fasting. Is it only a myth? What are real benefits of fasting?

Hello! I am totally pro- fasting and I strongly recommend it to everyone. It helped me fight my arthritis and from then on I advocate its use for bettering optimal health. I have also heard many stories about how people cured cancer by the help of fasting, and honestly I believe it although I haven’t personally met anyone who has done it yet. Maybe someone else knows such a person?

Hi! It seems that there are many reasons to deem fasting as a benefit to one's health and spirituality. The body rids itself of the toxins that have built up in our fat stores throughout the years. In this way it heals itself and repairs all the damaged organs during a fast. And also there is good evidence to show that regulated fasting contributes to longer life. However, a lot of doctors warn against fasting for long periods of time without their supervision. I do know the woman who has been able to successfully avoid hysterectomy using conservative methods. She was supervised by the doctor who supports this kind of treatment though. Some doctors are still against it, so do ask for different opinions.