My friend’s father has been diagnosed with leukemia and I am a bit frightened. We work in the same factory and there are some dangerous substances, including benzene. I would just like to know if there is some connection between benzene and leukemia, I have heard that the illness might have been provoked by the exposure to that chemical.

Not just leukemia, but there are several other conditions that exposure to benzene might provoke. We should mention respiratory problems, skin changes, cancer… As for leukemia, I might add that all sorts of leukemia might be triggered beet his substance (AML, ALL, CML, CLL, HCL, NHL…). As you can see, working with this substance has its risk, which is not small at all.

Chemical factories are a great big YES! Breathing, touching, gets into your body, get away from there!