Hi, guys. My father has been diagnosed with diabetes type 2. He is 53 years old and I must admit that we didn’t expect this. I would like to find out the best drug for this type of diabetes. Does anyone have any idea? I would really appreciate if you could answer me. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Diabetes type 2 is usually characteristic for adults. It usually affects people who are older than 55, although it can affect younger population as well. Taking anti-diabetic drugs is not enough. Your father will have to make some lifestyle changes. He must be on a diet where carbohydrate intake will be limited. He also must be more physically active. Obesity is one of the causes of diabetes type 2. For drugs, you should consult a doctor. Good luck!

Thanks for replying to my post. I would totally agree with you. My father is obese and he wasn’t when he was younger. He will have to be on a diet, although I don’t know how he will handle this since he likes to eat a lot. I will have to talk to him seriously.