Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with vasculitis. I have never heard about this disease before, so I don’t know how serious it is. Can it cause death maybe? I would really be grateful if someone could give me more info on this type of disease. Thank you for answering to my post.

Hi, there. There are different kinds of vasculitis. Sometimes, this disease is localized in only one region. In that case, it isn’t deadly. However, you also have severe cases of systemic vasculitis. Those would be Wegener’s granulomatosis, microscopic polyangiitis (MP) and Churg Strauss syndrome. They affect more blood vessels, so the prognosis is more serious. You haven’t mentioned which type your friend has. I am sorry I could help you more. Good luck to your friend.

Hi. Thanks for replying to my post. I think that my friend hasn’t got some serious form of vascultitis that you have mentioned. I think that he has rash localized on his forearm. Thank God none of his organs are affected. When I talk to him, I will give you more details. Bye!