Hi, guys. My kid has been diagnosed with tularemia. Don’t ask me how he got it, but now he is hospitalized. I would really like to know if tularemia is affected at all by tetracycline. I don’t know much about this disease, so your help will be more than welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. I think that tetracycline is a good choice. It is one of the antibiotics of the first choice for treating this disease. Penicillin is also recommended here. I have heard that in some cases chloramphenicol is recommended. However, there are not sufficient data for the last one. You should talk to your kid’s doctor more thoroughly. I hope this will help you. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, there. I think that it is good that your son has been hospitalized. In that way he can get a proper care. Tetracycline drugs are the drugs of the first choice, so you don’t need to worry a lot about this. They are efficient. I don’t know why he didn’t get penicillin. Maybe he is allergic or something. Consult his doctor if you need more details. I hope he’ll be all right. Good luck!