I have nasal sinus infection since the last month. I am informed that I shouldn’t use nasal and oral decongestants, since they have some side effects and I am a person with high blood pressure. This nasal sinus infection is killing me. I read somewhere that herbs help! Does anyone here know which herb may be used for nasal sinus infection and high blood pressure?
I would be very thankful for replies!!!

Hey,
Yes, herbs can help. You should also drink a lot of fluid- that also helps with nasal sinus infection and high blood pressure.
Herbs may be used in a few ways- as dried extracts (example- tea), tinctures (extracts from alcohol). Personally I recommend dried extracts (tea) since liquid in any form (not alcohol:)) is advertised for nasal sinus. Unless otherwise indicated, tea is made with 1 tea spoon herb per cup of hot water (leaf or flowers steep covered for 5 to 10 minutes and roots for 10 to 20 minutes).
You shouldn’t use Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) since you have high blood pressure. For nasal sinus infection and high blood pressure Wild indigo (Baptisia tinctoria), Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis), Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea), Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) are recommendable. Remember do not use Licorice (becouse of your high blood pressure)!
Wish you a fast recovery!

Hi, i suffer alot from sinus problems!!! Have had many sinus infections. i have recently discovered this nasal spray called "Ocean". im told it kills bacteria. its great for people who have high blood pressure and cant use decongestion meds. i spray it in my nose in the morning and before i go to bed. sure does keep me off the sinus medication. i was starting to worry about taking allergy meds everyday of my life. this has really worked great for me. try it.

ok .. I'm 50 this year and find my doc's not so caring!!! you need to work things out for yourselves so I found this helps for the nose infection . hey I'm no doc so I will just let you know what I did to stop my nose infection.... I used a very small amount of Daktarin cream every day for about a week . The cure was almost instant but in the back ground so I am to try it for the rest of the week ... Let you know how I get on ... Thanks ... Rod ( if age has anything to do with it - it might cure acne?).

Inhale Steam several times per day. It will solve your sinus problems forever.

Elder Berry Extract, a small amount, about a teaspoon and in 20 minutes you will start draining. Take 3 times a day and with in a week you will feel great. Also use a saline spray, or saline flushing of the nasal cavities.