I have been coughing for three weeks and it is not getting better, and is actually gradually worse. I hardly get any shut eye at night and I feel absolutely dreadful. It is a cough unlike any I have ever had before and it just goes on and on. I am drained of energy. I wanted to let nature run its course but I am just not comfortable with that anymore. Perhaps the cough will never end.

It sounds like you might have pertussis. Have you thought about that? Most people are not aware that pertussis is quite common. It presents in the form of a lingering cough, sometimes going on for months. If your cough sounds and feels like barking, and goes on forever, any time of the day and night, it is probably pertussis. You should go and get amoxicillin.

Hi! You can also try steam baths with camomile flower, or eucalyptus, or tea tree oil - or all of these combined! I have found these herbs to work wonders for bad coughs, and I much prefer herbs than getting antibiotics, which might be harder on your immune system in the long run.