I have very sensitive respiratory system. I have severe allergic reactions followed by releasing of plegm. I use antihistamines and they are partially helpful. They help in symptoms like runny nose and irritated eyes are. What can I do to prevent that excessive plegm production?

You should keep yourself from dehydratation. You may lose amount of fluid by releasing phlegm. I know that’s the way of protection from more complications. As I know, productive kind of cough shouldn’t be stopped by some medications. You should let it release out from your bronchus.

how is a good way to bring up phlegm,to get rid of it?

sc2dave wrote:

Hi! What I find helpful is inhaling steam. I pour boiled water in a big pot and cover my head with a towel. The moist air should soothe the airways and loosen sinus congestion and phlegm. Sometimes I put some of the aromatherapy oils as I heard they are helpful in expelling phlegm. Try eucalyptus.

I also heard that a herb called thyme is very good for the purpose as well but I haven’t tried it. Not only that it should help you get rid of phlegm but it is also said that has antibacterial affects and that it increases the immune’s system to fight infections.

One of the most important things is not to smoke if you are smoker. If you are not smoker, then you need to avoid cigarette smoke exposure. Cigarette smoke makes it harder for phlegm to be expelled.
You cam always go to a pharmacy and ask for specific products there. I am sure they have plenty.