Hello. Since I was a child I had problems with my sinuses. I remember my nose was running all the time and sometimes I had a terrible headaches. My doctor said that the cause was a mild bacterial sinus infection and that it’ll go away by it self. Use of any antibiotics wasn’t necessary.
This may started like a mild bacterial infection but I think, after few years, accompanied with several infections and allergies, it become chronic. Sometimes, I can hardly breathe. I used several sinus relief oils but it didn’t help. I used Vancenese and Flonase for five years but I red somewhere that those cortisone derivatives can, on a long-term use, cause erosion, ulceration and bleeding. Do I need some kind of operation? My friend has recommended me Alkalol. Do you know anything about it? Please help!

I think you’re right. You suffer from a chronic sinusitis. Your sinus and nose mucous membrane are probably much less thin then normally (caused by membrane hypertrophy) and that’s why you have problems with breathing. The basic problem with cortisone derivatives are their bad effects on a long-term use. Surgery is indicated when regular treatment fails and in case of absent drainage channels. The best solution for now is Alkalol.
Alkalol is herb-oil based remedy. It should be used from one-half to full strength, preferably warm. You can buy it in a bottle or like a nasal spray. I’m sure that it would reduce your problems drastically. Only bad thing about it is that you can become addicted to it, so be careful.
It never hurts to get a second opinion.
Wish you luck!

He is definitely suffering from chronic sinusitis because his symptoms are the same as mine. And I have this diagnosed. I mean, since I know for myself I have problems with sinus inflammation and it is really annoying.  The only thing that I trust is definitely the Alkalol because I know that this is something that they make and produce since 1896. Because of this and all the good effects, Alkalol has been making this soothing nasal wash, mucus solvent and cleaner that brings relief to irritated sinus.

I found it really helpful. I use it for more than two years and I am more than satisfied. 

I really don't know how you can be come addicted to something that is not addictive? I have been using Alkalol for 3 years, and in the time I have been using it I have stopped having migraine headaches and chronic sinus infections and my health has improved vastly. I have been able to stop taking all the pharmaceuticals I was on before using Alkalol.Also sucking papaya and pineapple enzymes help thin the mucus, you can buy them a Trader Joes for about $2.50

How can you become addicted to alkalol?

Does any of the ingredients have a neurological effect? Do you have any info to back your argument?

Or maybe you mean that you get addicted to feeling good without sinus headaches. I'm all for that addiction.

Perhaps addicted is not the correct term - let's call it dependent. Just like one can become dependent (addicted?) to nasal sprays containing phenylephrine hydrochloride or oxymetazoline HCl. There are no neurological effects, but there are definite physiological effects (as anyone suffering "bounce-back" stuffiness will attest).

Now, I do not know if Alkalol has similar effects, but lets not confuse neurological addiction with physiological addiction.

Anyone have information on whether Alkalol is safe for pregnant women?

I buy my Alkalol from the local health & natural healing store, but you could probably also get it on-line these days. One thing I found, though, with Alkalol is that the directions are kind of vague. They say you can use it full to half strength, but they don't say what kind of water to use when mixing it (salt water, fresh water, tap water, etc.). I've tried a few options, and ended up adding it to a regular neti pot saline solution (as opposed to fresh water out of the tap).

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I have used Alkalol for many years. My doctor recommended it when I had numerous sinus infections. He told me to mix 1/4 cup Alkalol, 3/4 cup of warm distilled water and 1/2 teaspoon of non-iodized salt. I use a squirt bottle I bought at a retail store. It really helps to break up the mucus and clean things out. I do not find it to have rebound effects. I just use it when I get an upper respiratory infection and need to clean things out. When I started using it the cost was only 2.95 a bottle. Ahh, inflation.

It should be used with distilled water or water boiled for five minutes as regular tap water can contain germs in and of itself. I read this on the alkalol site