I am 24 years old male and I am great fan of running. I was thinking of running full marathon race but then I heard about 8k race. I would like to know something more about this race same as some suggestions and experiences. As marathon looks too hard in this moment I would rather try this race.

Hi, 8k running is also great challenge although it is not marathon. If you didn't run race like this you will have to prepare yourself with similar seriousness as for the marathon. 8k or 5 miles is not short distance and besides your stamina you will have to show speed too. You may start your training with walking or jogging about 5 miles. Very important thing is to have good pair of shoes. Also plan your rest days and increase length of the track every week for 10%. Also you will have to spend some time running up the hill to upgrade your speed. If you injured yourself rest several days until injury pass. I wish you luck and success.