Have someone ever met any famous distance runners? I like watching running, it seems like a quite interesting sport. I realized that for running, especially on long distances requires from runners not only excellent shape, but also high level of concentration for keeping a steady pace of breathing, for paying attention to other competitors etc. So, I suppose these people would have something really interesting to say.

I think you are right. I never met any of them, but I watched some interviews on TV couple of times. Marathon runners are quite interesting. It seems that the biggest opponent for a marathon runner is themselves. Balancing your own strength, making a good strategy and tactic before the race even started, defeating yourself and other runners while your body is under great stress are things that make this sport so amazing to me.