Hi! I am 33 years old woman. A week ago doctor told me that I have big hepatic adenoma. I can’t sleep, eat, I am afraid for my health. Give me some information about this. When doctor told me I was confused that I didn’t remember anything.

Hi! I understand how you feel. I was in similar situation, and I want to help you. Hepatic adenoma is a rare benign tumor of the liver. HAs can rupture and bleed, causing right upper quadrant pain, which may be mistaken clinically for acute cholecystitis. On rare occasions, rupture may lead to hemorrhagic shock. HAs often are seen in young women on oral contraceptives. The lesions occasionally can regress after cessation of oral contraceptives. As a result of the risk of intraperitoneal hemorrhage and the rare occurrence of malignant transformation to HCC, surgical resection has been advocated in most patients with presumed HA. Unfortunately, the exact risk of malignant transformation is unknown. Other physicians have advocated surgical resection only when tumors are larger than 5 cm or when AFP levels are elevated, since these two findings are associated with higher risk of malignancy.