I am a 38 y.o. female with a history of irregular bowel movements, or more specifically the lack of. I take daily fiber pills, whenever I remember, but often life distracts me and I don't keep track of that sensitive subject of regularity. Anyways, over the past four years I have noticed a strange movement in my lower to mid abdomen. It honestly feels like a baby rolling over in my abdomen starting from the right side over to the left and then I have to wait until it rolls over again to the right before the pain disipates and allows me to move again. Usually, it occurs if I am exercising, bending over from the waist, or reaching for something. It happens unexpectedly, so it is difficult to be in the MD's office when it happens. During each episode you can visually see the large mass roll under the skin on my abdomen, you can palpate from outside just as precisely as one would watching an unborn child roll over in the abdomen. (NO there is no chance of me being pregnant). I would like to know if any one else has experienced this and what it might be?

LSjustwondering

I'm 45 and I have had this same exact experience. I can't possibly tell you what it is. Certainly not pregnant..not sexually active.. But, I'd be interested in knowing what this is. Can't believe someone else has the odd sensation.

I'll check back.

I actually have this odd feeling almost everyday. I am only 21 years old and my son will be turning one in a week. It feels like a baby is kicking whenever I feel this. I haven't had a period in over 7 months, but I have taken over 10 home pregnancy tests and they have all came back negative. The last one I took was about 3 weeks ago. Anyone have any experiences like this?? I am sexually active and have been since my son was born. I was on birth control after he was born, but I stopped taking it after two months. My period resumed and was normal afterwards. Please help!! I have no idea what this could be, if anything. I haven't gone to the doctor yet but I know I should! I didn't think this is anything serious, but now that I'm feeling movement, it's been worrying me. Thank you!!

I'm a 29 year old, female, with 2 children (ages 9 & 4).

I've noticed the exact same symptoms for approximately 2 weeks. I swore that I was pregnant, even after 2 home pregnancy tests. I went to ER explaining that I KNEW I was pregnant, because it felt EXACTLY like a baby rolling around inside. My fear was that I was pregnant & the IUD I use for birth control was still inside of me & might hurt the baby. Having not had a period in almost 2 months, my recent "spotting" is what scared me & sent me to the ER. They also did a pregnancy test & it came back negative. The MD said it was Gastritis & sent me home with a RX for Prevacid. I've looked up Gastritis & no where to be found is there any mention of abdominal movement. I have no idea if this is in fact true & if not, would really like to know as well. I have never had any stomach issues before.

my grandmother had a twisted bowel, and she said she could feel it was twisted. They had to operate to remove the area.
(..or)Maybe you have roundworms??

Did any of you take Carafate or have a dental procedure before your stomach disorders? I was 58 when I felt rolling abnominal cramps 2 days in a row. One of my legs was raised as I applied lotion both times. I had never experienced that type pain. When I was pregnant long ago, my stomach didn't feel like a disabling cramp was rolling through.
A couple of days later I felt something similar to grabbing pains along the right side of my navel.
I had finished taking 1 prescription of Carafate about a week before the pains. My dental appointment for an extraction was about 5 days before the rolling cramps.
I felt the cramping over a month ago and thankfully I haven't felt it since. My right side still has burning pain and discomfort, that I attribute to indigestion and fried foods, from time to time.

I was shocked to see these postings! I thought I was going crazy! After I had my son by c-section 6 years ago I was still having sensations of ripples and kicking in my stomach. Sometimes feels like a baby rolling over. If I lie down you can see my stomach moving but I wasn't pregnant. I just got strange looks when I told people about it. 3 years later I developed appendicitis and had lots of tests done on my abdomen. I asked them if they saw anything that could cause these feelings and they said no but that there was a pretty big air bubble in there! I recent years the sensation have decreased in frequency, now its mostly little ripples. However, by the end of the day my somach gets swollen to the point that people ask me if I'm pregnant and pat my belly. Doctors have been slow to help with other things so I don't know if I should go to the doctor about this one...

Wow! I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms. I thought I was going crazy. I am 26 yrs old with a 7 month old baby. I have been experiencing " baby" movements and increased abdominal size. I was certain I was pregnant again and very concerned due to an I.U.D. in place, but have had 2 negative pregnancy tests, and a visit to E.R. with a neg. pregnancy test and ultrasound. The E.R. MD said it must be gas and to avoid gas provoking foods. I have never had gas feel like a baby doing flips or kicks. I feel frusterated that there does not seem to be an explanation or a solution. Any tips on how to reduce amount of movements and distention?

After I gave birth I noticed my abdominal muscles were alot looser no matter how much I exercised and WAS able to see (when lying down) peristalis and thought that there was still a child in there or something. If your abs are very weak or stretched out from pregnancy, they are not always able to help hold your intestines firmly and your intestines DO move - it is called peristalis (sp?).

Hope this helps.

Also, worms are common - in animals who are severely infested, the vet can see their intestines moving...

Good luck

I began having abdominal movements soon after my son was born (7 months ago). I thought, "Is there a twin in there? Could I be pregnant again?" I wasn't, so now I think it must be gas and weak abdominal muscles. I still have not gotten my period- am breastfeeding- but have started having abdominal cramping once a month for a few days at a time. Strange. I guess I just have to get used to the fact that my body has permanently changed. (It was worth it!!!)

I too thought I was going crazy and was pregnant. I had a c-section and a natural birth and about 2 years ago I started getting this pain in my stomach that would cause me to bloat like I was ready to give birth but wasn't and I get this feeling of something rolling around and kicking and can actually watch it which is wierd. I have gone to many doctors because getting that bloated causes breathing issues and all they can say is your stomach is gassy but it usually isn't. I have come to believe that the doctors have no clue as to this and I am taking Previcid for the stomach but it doesn't do a thing. I have been looked at by cameras and ultrasounds and x-rays and they are as stunned as I am. I am just starting to believe that it is a woman thing and could be due to some fat in my belly. I would love to know if anyone has found a great cure for this because it is very wierd when people ask when I am due and I am not pregnant just bloated.

i also have the same experience 26 y/o with 2 kids...its uncomfortable.& im scared to see a doctor..do i need to be checked up?

I have a 13 month old son. I'm still nursing and have not gotten my period. I started feeling the baby-kick sensation on the right side of my abdomen a few weeks ago. I also thought I might be pregnant. I'm concerned that I might have fibroids or something much worse. But, the loose muscle wall/intestinal poking makes alot of sense in my case.

I have an appointment with my gyno tomorrow. I'll report back here when I hear something.

Best of luck to you all.

I am so happy to know I'm not the only person having this same strange movement in my stomache. It's driving me crazy because I keep thinking it's an anureysm. I am a 34 year old female and have these movements for about five days now. It feels like a baby is moving in my stomache. I can't be pregnant, tubes are tied. I hope it is only gas and not something life threatning because my doctor and family think i'm absoultely crazy, they really don't believe me. The movement is on the right side of my navel and it flips and moves like something is in side of me. I was told that a heartbeat in your abdomen is normal especially if you are on the thin side. when I lay on my back, I can see my pulse, but the movement in my stomach does not feel like a pulse. It feels like a big bubble or baby moving in my stomache. SCARY!!

I am a 38 year old woman with 2 kids and have been feeling the exact movement for the past two weeks now. I have done two home pregnancy tests,both negative and have had one done at the docs,negative too. I am going for a scan next month as I am very curious and as I have been pregnant b4 know exactly what a baby kicking feels like (and those are the feelings i am getting in my tummy).
I would also be glad if someone out there has the answer.