Is there anyone out there who knows of a woman having a successful pregnancy after having an endometrial ablation with Nova Sure? I am post op 1.5 years, and have a new husband. I would like to have a baby with him. Does anyone have any advice?

Tig wrote:

I am 27 weeks pregnant and had a ablation 3 years ago so far I have been able to carry the baby without problems although at my last ultra sound my plecenta is very close to being a previa which is can be very harmful to the baby and me. I cannot find information on pregnancy following ablation and I feel like a time bomb so I just take it one day at a time. I live in a very rural small town in northern michigan where medical care is not the most up to date so anyone out there that can help with any information please let me know and as far as your question yes pregnancy is not likely but I am proof it does happen. my e-mail is please anyone with helpful information or any exsperience with this please let me know. Thank You

I just had an ablation two weeks ago and the surgeon told me they had to tie my tubes with the ablation because although it is possible to get pregnant after one, it is harmful to both a baby and mother and would most likely end in a miscarriage.

I just found this information on :
Since an endometrial ablation destroys the lining of the uterus, endometrial ablation is not for anyone who desires to keep her fertility. Women who have a malignancy or pre-malignant condition of the uterus are not candidates for ablation. Women who have severe pelvic pain, unless the pain is coming from an intracavitary myoma, may be better served by alternative treatments. Although pregnancy is unlikely after ablation, serious complications could arise. It is essential for to use reliable contraception after an endometrial ablation.

Before the Novasure your doctor spoke to you about having more children and the danger to yourself and a child to a future pregnancy. All the educational literature states this as well. Isn't it time to be thankful for the children you have, instead of having another baby with the new man? Children do not make a great relationship and you have to examine those things in yourself before making those serious surgical procudure decisions. If you chosse to go ahead with it-which you probably will- it is a serious risk to the health of a pregnancy and to you as well. If you do have a fertilization the likelyhood of ectopic pregnancy is much higher. The uterine blood flow will likely be compromised to the child which will likely result in fetal death, prematurinty or serious physical or mental disability. In the unlikely event the child would survive would you be able to care for a disabled child? These are real dangers and women who have had sucessful pregnancies after Novasure are few. 

I had a Novesure endometrial ablation in 2004 after years of heavy bleeding and 2 previous successful pregnancies. I chose to have the ablation while going through a divorce and knowing future children were not in the picture (I was 32 years old). I am now 37 and gave birth to a very healthy baby girl in 2006. I was told I couldn't be pregnant and if I happened to be it would probably not go to term blah blah blah... I did have high blood pressure during my entire pregnany but she was born 2 weeks early (due to breach positioning) and is extremely healthy and wonderful. I was told she is a "miracle"! Good luck to you all but definitely talk to your doctor b/c they said the stress and health risks are huge! She wasn't an accident she was an OH MY GOD! :-)

For you ladies who have conceived after an endometrial ablation, how far along were you in your pregnancy before you actually knew you were pregnant? Without a menstrual flow it seems it would take some time to know. Thanks.

I had the ablation done one year ago and this month, no period. I had light ones and now I'm a little nervous. The doctor said that women can stop having periods after six months but mine took one year. I fear pregnancy and though I took a home pregnancy test that came out negative, I'm still nervous. I'll probably go for a blood test to relieve my stress. My question is, once you stop bleeding after this procedure, does it come back later?

I'm really sorry to hear that you had no period this month but I suspect that it might be related to stress. It's a good idea to take another test just to make sure that you're okay, but I do suspect that it's might not be a big deal. Let me know how you're doing okay? I'd like to hear what happens when you go to the doctor. Thanks!

I was told you could not have a child once this procedure was done. I know even if i wanted to that means i would have to get my tubes untied. Sometimes i sit hear wonder if i made the right choice. :-(

I too had an ablation in december of 2004, I did not think I wanted anymore children but now i do. My question is this: my period has never stopped after the procedure, it did become lighter for a few months, but mostly I still have heavy and painful periods, does this mean the procedure wasnt performed properly and am still able to get pregnant? Thanks

Guest wrote:

In answering to the guest...I too would like to know when (how far along) and how you find out you are pregnate if you do not have a regular menstrual flow.

Thanks

YOU KNO I FEEL DA SAME WAY...AT THE TIME IT SEEMED LIKE DA BEST THING 4 ME 2 DO CONSIDERING DA SITUATION I WAS IN...NOW I FIND MYSELF HAVIN MORE N MORE PROBLEMS....I FEEL LIKE IF I WLDNT OF HAD IT DONE I WLDNT B EXPERIENCING THE XTRA PAIN EACH MONTH

Guest wrote:

Have you had a successful pregnancy yet at this point or ar eyou posting in support? I'd like to hear if someone has had one.

I had my tubes tied ten years ago, as i thought i was done wanting/having children. then two years ago, i became divorced, and also had the novasure procedure done due to heavy bleeding, and very thick lining. since that time i have remarried and am considering having a tubal reversal.. has anyone had success after pregnancies? i am feeling desperate for some answers?