Hi! I am 35 years old woman. I have hepatic adenomatosis? Is this some kid of tumor? What is cause? What are possible complications of this disease?

Hi! I used oral contraceptives more than fife years. My doctor thinks that is cause for hepatic adenomatosis. I learned something about this disease. Adenomatosis is a condition characterized by rapid pathologic cell growth or tumor development in the pituitary, adrenal or thyroid glands. In the liver, it appears as a benign, fleshy tumor. Hepatic adenomatosis occurs when there are more than ten adenomas. Hepatic adenomas are linked to the use of oral contraceptives beyond five years. , glycogen storage disease, and diabetes mellitus but can occur without these associations. These tumors can evolve into malignancies, and are prone to bleeding and rupture, warranting surgical removal.