I suspect that my sister is binging on laxatives. She is not overweight and I don’t believe that she had problems with that. What do you think, why would someone who's not interested in losing weight abuse laxatives?

I think she is just successfully hiding that from you, because binging on laxatives or abusing then is a common among anorexic and bulimic persons. What many people don’t know is that the conventional wisdom regarding this behavior is that the laxatives are used to purge the body of excess calories in an effort to lose weight, so many people who have no interest in losing weight also take too many laxatives and can end up being dependent on them or losing normal bowel function. She may cause serious health problems, please tell her to seek for help.

Hi there,
Laxatives can be very dangerous if not used with precaution. You have to understand that you sister can cause herself so much trouble if she is using laxatives too much. If she has problems with weight she can resolve this but she can’t rush things. Rushing can only make her sick and in some causes she can end up in hospital. Can you tell me if she has any symptoms now? How is her health in general, except the weight problem? Problem is that she can become dehydrated if she uses too much laxatives. Talk to her and try to explain few things about the dangers of too much use of laxatives.
Best wishes,
Marco