My friend has been on this crazy diet for six months since we started freshman year and she's lost 15 kilos! She used to be a nicely rounded at 60 kg and 170cm, but now she too thin. Anyway I got real scared when she overdosed on laxatives today and called me sick and in a panic from a fast food restaurant. I was really shocked when I drove her home. When I tried to get her to drink soup, she cried and said it would make her fat. I think she has serious eating disorder and I think she abuses laxatives to stay thin.

I think your friend's weight is unhealthy for her height. Considering her weight loss, refusal to nourish self, not eating and abuse of laxatives, I would say that she has anorexia. She could be in real trouble as an anorexic bulimic and her sodium and potassium levels could drop below normal and depending on how many laxatives she took today, her potassium could be dangerously low. She needs help!!! I would suggest that you tell your friend to see a psychologist who is knowledgeable about eating disorders.