Hi, my friend has been on this crazy diet for six months. She lost 17 kilos, she looks good, has a boyfriend, even started modeling. How can I change her believe that she is not fat and needs to eat regularly?

My sister is anorexic too. She keeps thinking she’s too fat, and she’s getting thinner and thinner everyday. She has poor self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, which are main causes of all sorts of eating disorders. Anorexia is characterized by weight loss, refusal to nourish, not eating in front of others and abuse laxatives. They continue to lower acceptable weight goal. People with anorexia keep believing they are overweight even when they are extremely thin, are very ill or near death. They refuse to eat in front of other people. My mother makes her eat, but she is vomiting and using laxatives. Recently, she started counseling, I hope it will work.