I don’t really understand anorexic people. Do they despite food? What emotions they feel? How it is possible that they are so thin and they imagine themselves fat. is there some person with anorexic experience who can tell us something about it.

Hello, I was anorexic when I was 14. I hated my body. My reflection in the mirror only exposed garish imperfections: extra skin here, fat there, I was developing a double chin…. I felt isolated and awkward at school and at home. I directed myself I only needed to lose another 10 pounds in order to feel good. I despite food that much that I wasn’t eating at all. Naturally I end up in hospital.

i try to lose weight but it's hard cause of the way my family eats what do i do? :'( im sick of it

It's not all about the food. It's a struggle within that they are having with themselves. They feel good not eating. Almost better than everyone else. It feels like they have control over something, when they can't control anything else. So they control their food and turn it into a psychological game. (Many of them would hate me for saying that too. I used to be anorexic and bulimic) They see themselves as fat because they really believe they are fat. It's called a screwed up self image. They see themselves way different than other people do. I still suffer from that and I no longer practice my eating disorder. That is very hard to get over. They use that self-image as motivation for them to not eat. And to stay on track. It's not about dieting. It's about control. Perfecting your body. Being the best you can be. Punishing yourself every step of the way. Does this sound like the disease for you?

yea, im 13 and im anorexic. i feel as if im so fat and ugly when people tell me im not, my two sisters keep calling me skinny when i dont see that causing me real not want to eat cause i think im so fat. iv stoped eating completly now, havnt eaten in 3days, i just want to lose weight! i dont notice anything. although bad things happend when u go ano, u get really hair arms, ur face hair grows ,that hasnt happend to me yet. but things that have are the my boobs stoped growing, i became weak ,nothing but sleeping all day, faintish, sit down for 20secs get up and im really dizzy. iv been ano for about 2years. it all started when i got bullied that i was fat

no we dont despise it or hate it. we just about losing weight inthe wrong way and when we realize it, its way to late. we often relaps when we are in recovery and it can take years for us to fully recover without any relapses and even then we are at risk. anorexia is also a mental disorder.

IF YOU ARE A RECOVERING ANOREXIC, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS.
it could cause relapse for some. just a warning.

i believe that my fear of food may actually be anorexia.

i think it's different for everyone. but personally, i do despise food. i get sick just thinking about eating, because i think about the calories and fat, and in my mind, is does more bad than good for my body. i've always had anxiety and low self esteem, but stress really kicks it up, and then i focus my anxieties on food for some reason. i think it has a lot to do with my family, as my mum had gained a lot of weight and then lost it quickly, and when she saw me after her weight loss, she asked my aunt if i had been gainingweight, and i heard her. so i began losing weight, and eating less, and then my school began to stress me a bit,and ijust became absolutely terrified of eating anything. i dropped about 15 pounds in 2 months, and now my mum is on my cause again, only because i weigh less than her.
but the thing is, even though the scale says ilost weight, i feel as though i've gained, when i look in the mirror. once you begin to focus on the foodand the fat andhow you could improve, it really is all you see. and the only thing more terrifying than not knowing you have a problem, is knowing that you do, but not wanting to get better.

so yes, in my case, i despise food. it's the enemy. i think i've convinced myself that i don't want it, and i don't need it. anorexia is stronger than people without the disease seem to think. it's a deep rooted physcologigcal problem,and only when someone wants help, can they get it. but most don't want the help, which is why the disease claims somany lives. some can control it to a certain extent, but others lose control and just go downhill. but they refuse to admit they are out of control, because a big part of this is control. control and power, showing you don't need food or anything else to survive.

i hope this has given you a bit of insight, i don't think i should write anymore.

it's not that we hate food. we love it and obsess about it 24/7 and dream about it. we just hate what it does to our bodies, making us big, chunky, flabby, and imperfect.

we dont hate food. im 16 and 5 11 and weigh 116 pounds. and im anorexic. i know im thin but when i look at my body all i see is the extra skin and extra fat. i looovvvveeeee food but when i eat i feel horrible. i feel like im going to get fat and no one would want me if i even eat a salad or something. those r some of the emotions... hope that helps...

In fact it's the opposite. Never believe an anoretic who claims they don't love food. The hatred of food is an obsession in itself. How much am I eating? How many calories were in that teaspoon of cream I put in my coffee? We just have strong will power to not give into food.

okay so  im 18 and 5 3 and the last time i weighed myself i was 107. i wanted so bad to gain weight. everyone would always accuse me of having an eating disorder so i would over eat until i was sick. i would never skip a meal and i would always keep food im my room, my purse, and my school bag. but that was 6 months ago. i recently got on the birth control shot so i could gain weight. and every one is saying i have gained a "healthy" weight but now i have stretch marks and i always feel gross. i hate the feeling after i eat. i feel so guilty. i sit around and think "why did i eat all of that" or "i wasnt even really hungry". now i have got to were i dont eat after like 7 at night and i stay in bed and try to stay asleep so im not hungry. im not trying to lose weight but i just dont want to gain it. im scared to weigh myself. am i on the verge of an eating disorder?

Everyone with an eating disorder has a different story as to why they uniquely grew into their disorder but it always ends up with them blaming food and weight for the problems they cant deal with and their way of coping is to perfect themselves or strive too honestly I got an eating disorder while i was a little girl 8yrs old i remember the day I got traumatized by weight and i will never forget it I cry every time i remember and for whatever reason other girls or boys have I simply associated all the bad emotions i felt with weight or food and punished myself or helped myself by restricting what i ate when and if i over did it fixing it by throwing up and i associated loosing weight with happiness i hope that helps you with understanding

Anorexics are actually very interested in food. I used to be one myself. I loved food so much but was scared it would make me fat. I limited myself to certain foods. I wished so badly to eat all I wanted but Ana said no. Anorexics just hate that food will make you "fat."

(Triggering) I'm 13 and anorexic and I love food. The more I restrict, the more my mind makes up for it by forcing thoughts of food, food, food into my head 24/7. I don't know if it's this way for all anorexics, but a lot of people who posted above me seem to agree. Anorexia for me is based off my perfectionist tendencies and extremely low self-esteem. When I look in the mirror, I'm so used to automatically zoning in on any bad spots that it would probably be almost impossible for me to see myself as others see me. I don't think anorexia changes what they plainly see in a mirror; instead, it changes their perception of themselves and their definition of 'fat.' A flat belly becomes not enough; if it is not concave, it is fat. Any curve on the inside of a thigh is unnecessary baggage. In short, if you can be thinner than you are right now, you are fat. This might sound gross, but sometimes I think I wish I could just cut all the fat off my body...but at the same time I know I am too skinny and I know it is ugly. I'm addicted to the control.

no i dont think im an anorexic but ive lost alot of weight and im always thinking about how much calories once i started to stop eating i became obsessed with the food channel on tv i could watch it all day i now luv going to the supermarket with my mum but i never eat dinner or tbh any of the food she puts in the trolly i go on pinterest and open so many tabs on food boards just al i think about all day is food and how im hungry but i dont want to eat cuz im scared ill get fat and wont b able to lose it.Its really anoying and when i do eat I get so mad at myself cuz i know i lost controll and consumed so many calories, its really stress full and yes sometimes i have nightmares about me binging and ,gosh im so relieved when i wake up and realise i didint actually eat all tht but somtimes i do...hope tht helps you understand