Hi, I have been binging and purging for 10 years, what makes me hopeless bulimic. I suppose it has left some trail on my body. I would like to know what complications of bulimia are and how serious they are?

Complications of bulimic behavior include: tooth erosion, cavities, and gum problems water retention, swelling, and abdominal bloating, acute stomach distress, loss of potassium (by excessive vomiting or laxative use), irregular periods, problems with swallowing and esophagus damage. Bulimics during adolescence are at risk for a variety of psychological problems later on, circulatory disorders (high blood pressure), neurological symptoms (such as seizures), chronic fatigue, headache, frequent flues and colds, insomnia and bone fractures. Bulimics were associated with a higher risk for anxiety, depression and with suicide attempts. In pregnancy, women are more susceptible to complications and can have low birth weight and premature birth. In time normal bowel movement function is lost due to abuse of laxatives.