What can you tell me about people that suffer from bulimic? I cannot be certain, but I think that my new girlfriend suffers from that condition. She is using laxatives and diuretics and is constantly monitoring her weight. How often bulimia patients use laxatives and diuretics? Is there any way for me to see if she really has this condition?

Well, there are two ways for people who have bulimia to eliminate the food from their organisms. Some use laxatives and diuretics (very often) in order for the intestinal content to pass through very quickly, before the absorption happens. The other is vomiting. Laxative abuse can cause electrolyte misbalance because a lot of fluid is lost in that way, but that is not the actual weight, because the food is absorbed in small intestines, and the med she takes are for speeding up the content in the large intestine.