Hi, I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have BiPolar Disorder. I am on medication that is safe for the baby but feel I need more. My moods are more down than up, and I feel so emotional most of the time, with anything little sparking my tears off. I also tend to go over the top with the little things and will shout and cry, when it probably didn't need to get to that stage but I feel I can't control it. I tend to take everything out on my partner and expect so much out of him, but will then bite his head off at the smallest of things even if he has tried his best. I don't want to be a bad mother when I give birth but I'm worried my moods will only get worse and I'll end up losing my wonderful partner in the process. I want to enjoy being a new first time mother, not resent it because I'm upset and depressed. I feel alone in my situation. Have you any suggestions why I'm the way I am, and if it's common for bipolar women who are pregnant to experience the same?

I am the exact same way! I just cannot take it anymore i cry and yell and get out of hand , i feel so bad for my boyfriend , he doesnt deserve it at all , sad part is i cant control it. Im already 32 weeks pregnant and feel upset at the way things are right now... haveyou started taking meds lately?or what was your solution to this?