Well here's my story:
I worked at the same place (and still do) with her for almost a year. She pursued me for a couple months and I finally went out with her. We hit it off immediately and she moved into my apartment after a while. We had great times together, she told everyone at work how wonderful I was and how much she loved me and spending our life together. It seemed that she thought the world revolved around me. We both talked about our future and travelling around the country together. She would call me numerous times during the day to see how I was. It lasted that way for about 4 months. She left on Mother's Day to see her mother, I talked to her on that Sunday and then didn't her from her for almost a week. I finally did get a hold of her and she gave me an excuse about her phone being dead. She didn't show up for work for that whole week either. No call, no show. I kept trying to get a hold of her on the phone with little success. She finally called about two weeks after Mother's Day and said she didn't want to see me any more. She said she felt confined and needed her space. I was devastated, she was non-chalant about it like it was no big deal. We had never had so much as an argument or any angry words. Anyway she promptly moved her things out of her apartment. I spent about a week and a half trying to get my key back, as she wouldn't give it to me. I called her once and just asked if she could bring my key back and she yelled at me, which she had never done before.
After the break-up her boss told me some things about her, such as she was bipolar. I found out also she had lied to me about several things. She had told me she paid her landlord at her old apartment, she didn't.
Her boss also told me that she is a compulsive liar. After she moved out of my apartment, she moved in with her mother.
She called in to work Monday June 2 for the next 14 days. I am afraid she is going to lose her job now. As foolish as it sounds, I still love her.
Does anyone have any advice? I really don't know much about bipolar disorder. Do bipolar people usually come back?

My ex is bipolar and I have tried and tried to be fair and make a go of things with her because we have a beautiful daughter together , but it seems she'll be fine for weeks and then all of a sudden , right out of the blue she turns into an evil nasty piece of work . I don't want to sound horrible and I know it's hard , but the best thing you can do is walk away

my girlfriend has bipolar we have had many fall outs and she has no interest in me sometimes either , it is difficult but i have been together with her for nearly 3 years on and off .I have a child to her plus two other kids to an ex and she finds that very difficult but i do my best to support her , bipolar girls need security she always says she doesnt want me but she always comes back. So every situation is different just give them there space and it should be ok.

how long are the gaps she will take to come back to you.

oh if she didnt paid her old landlord,than she just used you to get into your apt until she find some1 else,bipolar means one minute i love you and nx i wanna kill yo!idk much about it but nx time dont let girls move in with you and if they stay with you always remind them: u do not live here,and dont let them use your address!it will put you in control of who the boss around here! good luck!

Your story is almost identical to mine. Her personality changed when they changed her medication. She went from planning our future to one day saying "We need to take a break" and hung up on me.
That was 4 months ago. Bipolar is awful.

It's comforting to know that it wasn't my fault. Your story is so true.
Steve

Thats a relief.5 months in my case.They have a serious problem dealing with any bit o stress at all.Thankfully I'm still able to remain friends with her though at times it kills me.Shes gone four times and every time the breaks get longer.

I'm currently in exactly the same situation.we have a wonderful 3yo boy together and it's ripping me apart but I can't take any more of the endless misery she puts me through.Leaving is the last thing I want to do but think I have no choice if I want future happiness tbh.

My gf is bipolar and has been gone for 4 months now, the last time she contacted me was via email 3 months ago( the weirdest email I've ever received) . I had a good relationship with her kids from a previous relationship and I heard from them that she moved in with a new guy ( A known felon by the way) in a different city and all they do is argue everyday, all day.. It might take months but I know she will come around because it has happened in the past but I've decided not to hold on to any false hopes of her coming back this time and move on with my life...Nothing or no one has ever hurt me as much as I was hurt in thisrelationship.. No "love" should hurt that much

i had the same as you only after 4 years they change her medication. and now she dont answer her texts or phone me anymore.as if i was never in her life..as i did everything for her.and she treat me like c**p. no matter what i do for her.that i have trouble getting my head round it

I'm going through exactly that now but its one day she's really nice and I almost think she wants to try again and then the next day I'm the most repulsive thing on earth to her. She drops my daughter to me at the weekends at my Folks where I'm now living, she says I'm welcome to come over when ever I like even stay the night, in the beginning of the breakup she didnt want me to move out and carry on sleeping together, she still wants my name on the lease, she still wants to go on holiday together, still talks about doing things together in the future but told me she doesnt love me anymore and finds me annoying. She Studied straight for 3 months before the breakup for her final exam (open University) Ignoring me and my daughter the entire time locking herself in the bedroom. Just be for the breakup she was acting wierd with her phone and keeping it in her pocket all the time and suddenly going out for walks in the evening possibly cheating although she denys it and gets really upset I could think she would, she's been exercising like crazy and going to the gym althought the drugs she's taking do cause weight gain. We've been together 8 years and its really the last 2 months when she found out about the bipolar that she's gone off the rails. I just cant take it anymore and I anything happens to my daughter I will never forgive her, I'm actually waiting for something minor and I might have to contact social care. I'm really finding it hard to be around her now, I've stopped calling and texting even though I want to find out how my daughter is doing, she rarely calls or texts me when I have my daughter to see how she is doing.

If you don’t know much about the illness you should keep your thoughts and opinions on what it must be like, what their actions insinuate and how their moods change to yourself. It’s not I love you than 5mins later I hate you. The disorder is not solely around just love than extreme hate. Perhaps the next time you want to give advice to someone about their loved one on their illness go read a medical journal or do some actual research. Be a decent human being and learn before you judge.

That is very similar to what happened to me. My girlfriend actually decided she was misdiagnosed with bipolar, and weened herself off of her medications. Then it went from planning our future one day, to "I don't feel like couples material" the next. She was the warmest, kindest, most affectionate person. I don't know who this cold hearted uncaring woman was who broke it off. She even blocked me on Facebook as if I'm some sort of sleazy cyber-stalker. I've never been summarily ejected from someone's life this way. It's very hurtful.

Although my girlfriend has not been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she displays the classic symptoms. She has other mental issue though. I was going out with her for 4 years, everything was great between us. She got depressed the week after graduating from college and just left me completely out of the blue. She’s blocked me on social media and almost denies my existence. I’m heartbroken by what happened