I'm almost 5 months pregnant with my 2nd child. My sister often tells me that I'm bipolar because I act just like our Mom who was diagnosed bipolar. I've never had any tests done to see if i really am but I am now planning to get evaluated after the baby is born.

As for now, I feel the need to be so perfect at everything so when i mess up or make a mistake, I tend to be so hard on myself and break down with anxiety. sometimes it is controllable but anytime i hurt my husband or make him mad at me, I feel at my worst. I can't control letting things go knowing once I've said sorry and he still is mad. I feel the need to fix it, I get depressed and can't eat if I can't fix it. I cry anmd cry and dwell and dwell to eventually "flipping out" and doing "stupid" stuff.

I can go on and on with examples but right now just need a little advice from someone in the same situation! I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE DEALING WITH THIS!

I need not to stress and know this but its so hard not too when someone I love is upset with me.

I don't know if you're bi-polar or not, but I will take a guess and say you don't like yourself very much.  From your description, I would guess that because you don't like yourself, you worry about making mistakes.  When you do make them, you beat yourself up.  You try to make up for it, but because you don't feel good enough you still don't feel like you've "fixed" anything.  (I apologize if any of my guesses were off the mark.)

I think self-love and self-forgiveness are desperately needed.  You'll never feel like you've fixed anything if you don't feel good enough.  Nobody can make you feel worthy; it has to come from inside.  Therefore, I suggest affirmations.

Affirmations are positive statements we say to ourselves to change perceptions.  I suggest you say them every day, at least 10 times each, for at least three weeks.  Also, say them throughout the day hundreds of times in your head.  Do it even if it feels awkward.  When affirmations feel awkward, it's typically because we don't believe them.  Give it time.  The purpose is to gradually change perceptions.

Suggested affirmations:
I love and approve of myself.
I forgive myself of all that I have done.
I am worthy.
All is well.
(Anything else you'd like to add - just make sure it's positive.)

I would also strongly suggest you take time out every day to take care of yourself.  You're pregnant and you want to make sure that you relax enough.  Meditate, take a nice walk, take a warm bath, do yoga, read a relaxing book, watch a fun movie, go out, etc., every day.  Do a relaxing activity for at least 15 minutes every day.  Often when we're hard on ourselves, we don't take care of ourselves enough.  This is counterproductive because we end up exhausting ourselves and then just feeling worse.

Best of luck!

Thank you for your insight. This makes a lot of sense, I believe I love myself but obviously not showing I do if I really do like ME! I will take heed to the affirmations as well as doing things for myself each day. I don't at the moment which could be the problem. I simply go to work as a receptionist-doing for others all day- then home to my family- doing for them until bed.

I will give your ideas a good shot and keep you posted on my improvements.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond!

So glad I could help!  I would love to hear how things go for you. :0)

Hello darling, its your hormones that makes you cry so much and anxeity attacks. Today I was lying down eatins sour worms. All of a sudden I felt a thumping on my left side, also then as I was lying on the bed of my mother's - she was watching puppy in my pocket. I have then twice felt like my breath stopped like I have just realised how sad this story is making me. It's odd, but its like pressure on your chest just as it feels like your trying to withstand crying ability. :) I believe its normal for someone in pregnancy to act like shouting, just keep yourself at bay, because screaming can cause you to go into labor.