For some reason I don't mind being bipolar. I'm not afraid to tell people that is what I am and I can control my emotions(except towards my mother) or when something really horrible happens, I act before I think.

Other than that, I am rather normal besides the increased interest in sexual things. :$

Is it truely that bad to be missing a chemical in your brain, so much so that people stay away from you? I think the media has made those with mental disorders seem derranged. 8-|

think about the term.

A "disorder". something that is wrong, bipolar sufferers cannot control their shifts in mood. for untreated sufferers, their lives become hell. suicide risk is high. its a mental condition.

You say "I can control my emotions (except towards my mother) or when something really horrible happens, I act before I think. Other than that, I am rather normal besides the increased interest in sexual things"

Are you sure you are even bipolar? haha. you dont seem it. if you can control yourself. there is nothing wrong with you. You could just be a hormonal teenager, just like the rest of us. which would explain why your "bipolar" tendancies are only amied at your family. its supposed to affect your mentality as a whole. towards eveything and everyone.

of course, if you HAVE been clinically diagnosed with a bipolar mental illness by a trained professional. how long ago was it? if it was years ago, you could have sorted yourself out by now.

It was only a year ago. But, it was also during a bad time in my life.

Supposing now time has passed?

Bad periods in your life will obviously cause disturbance in the way we think and behave, but from your description, you seem fine nowadays! :-D

what you talked of is a comftorble mental state, and a grasp over your temper and control.

I suggest you go back to the psychiatrist who diagnosed you as bipolar, talk to them and explain how you are now and perhaps you can be given the "all clear", as it were!

Good luck! :-)

I am diagnosed with bipolar as well and know exactly what you are speaking of. It is an intense mania aroused by some aspects of your life. Obviously bad situations bring it about, and it would seem that you have maniacal aggression towards your mother. These kinds of mania come with the territory. As far as the sexual interest, hypersexuality is a common sign of bipolar. During other parts of your life, things may seem very normal. It may seem as if your a bit distracted or overemphasizing certain thoughts in your head but in general you may feel pretty stable. The difference between having bipolar and not having bipolar is that with bipolar, you are set off at an instant. You can be fine one minute and then be completely terrified or enraged the next . However you can also feel suddenly magical or suddenly ecstatic. It can be a beautiful thing but you must accept both sides of it as equals. In my opinion, I would rather have really high highs and experience really low lows instead of just flat lining in the middle all the time.

Im not sure if loving it is a good description. I just waiting for the high to return then maybe ill love it for a bit. It seems this time that the high is taking a great deal longer to come back around. August is the most terrible month for me ever. I wonder if anyone else has the same hatred for this month? I wonder what it is. I do not take the medication, although I have tried Paxil and some of the other quils, I did not like the flat line, zombie feel. I now try to exercise to keep myself level, and of course smoking. Strange mix but it seems to work. My mood shift like the wind but I am starting to realize when it is going to happen and what will set me off. Then all I need to do is have a little conversation with myself and let it slide. Hard to do sometimes?

My diagnosis came late in life, I wish it had come earlier, but I can not change that. I have begun to live my life with the understanding that I am not the same as other people, although many share my illness. It has cost me so much!!!!!!!! but i still continue forward. I think a major thing to think about is that you can not change how other people react you can only change how you react to other people. Stay away from booze. that was one of the biggest things that has helped me out. I have been sober for over 6 months and it has made a world of difference in my overall mood and well being.

Anyway enough, or ill start to rant!! One of my other character traits of my bipolar