My grandfather was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and dementia. Our entire family is a bit shocked with this diagnose, we all love him and think of him as of our life mentor. Now, it will all end, because, if I am correct, he will start losing memory and change radically his emotional behavior. Am I correct for things I just said? Will he change that much?

Unfortunately, yes. Bipolar disorder and dementia are two conditions that often go hand in hand. Of course, there are many therapies that can greatly slow the process, but the outcome is inevitable. In addition, use of medicaments will help a lot, but not for very long. Sometimes, these conditions put a patient in such a state when he cannot even take care of his hygiene or eating.

Hallo,
Having bipolar disorder and dementia can affect someone life in grate matter that his previous life might even vanish totally. These are serious condition which can be managed but I am not sure if there is treatment that will cure him for good. You and your family need to understand that he will need your support as much as you can give him. I just want to know if doctor told you if his dementia was caused by bipolar disorder. I read somewhere that bipolar disorder can cause people to have dementia. Having memory problems can be devastating for person. My friend had a father who had dementia and she said he was really having a tough time.

Yes my mother has undiagnosed Bi-Polar Disorer i know the signs it was hell growing up with her at times and she has now had Dementia for about 15 or so years now and is a facility. My Biological father had Demntia coupled with Chronic Schizophrenia. Now my partner who i am about to leave has undiagnosed Bi-polar and has the signs of early demntia sadly he sundowns.