hello its been my first time on birth control. was on in only for a week from 16 to the 20th of october skiped 2days and then started sunday of the new week. i had sex 27 and have not been on the pill can i possibly ovulate those days and how high is pregnancy chances in tis case. I NEED A ASAP ANSWER ON THIS WILL BE THANKFULL

Sissis,

You need to be on the pill for at least a week continuously to be protected.  You don't indicate when your period would normally occur but yes, you could ovulate and you could get pregnant.

i stopped bc since the last week of september, but i have been having cramping and its not pms feeling. When you are pregnant do you HAVE to bleed or spot?. til now theres been no signs of starting a period and have not been regular in taking the birthcontrol 

No, you don't have to spot.

If your period is late, test.

medic-dan wrote:

Quote:hello. im in need of an quick answer. I had a period on the 22 of november for 5days. i had intercourse dec 5 through the 8 that was a fertile week. I ovulted on the 9 and 10, but i took a birth control pill the 9 but i have completly stopped the pill and its been a 3 week period without using it. Does that work, i was ovulating friday december 9 and want to know if the pill does anything to ovulation or it does not work that way if i was fertile and had intercouse the days before ovulation. is there a chance for pregnancy in this case. hope you understand my quote.

No, you don't have to spot.

If your period is late, test.

Hi Sissis,

BC pills are sometimes used to help regulate your periods in that they may make them more regular. 

You stopped the pill just after you ovulated?  In that case it is unlikely you are pregnant.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours after ovulation.  Just because you stopped taking the pill it doesn't mean it's immediately out of your bloodstream.  It's likely you were protected until after the 48 hours passed.

Hope I understood you correctly.

no sorry.i stopped BC last month and i got a regular period on november 22. after that time i completely stopped BC. My fertile days were the 5 of december and was due to ovulate dec friday 9. i had unprotected sex from the 5 to the 8th of december.  i took bc on the 9th of december but i was feeling i was ovulating that day. my question is since i took BC just "because" does it stop ovulation to occur; becuase i felt i was really ovulating on the 9th. so is there a chance of an egg to be fertilize . does bc in this case do anything??

Ok,

No. Taking one pill after not being on it for several week means that you are NOT protected. One pill is not enough, you need to be on it for at least 7 days in most cases.

BC pills do not prevent ovulation.

Emergency contraceptives are available and VERY effective within 72 hours.

Hope it helps.

thank you so much medic-dan 

you are very good:O 

its been a while, and i am glad i am back speaking to you.... i have a weird thing that happend to me this past month october... i had a normal period sept 5 and i last 4 days.. on october i got my period oct 6 and lasted 7days;never in my life have i had 7day period. i do remember i was taking advil every other day before my period (becuae my wisdom tooth was bothering me)...it couldnt be the pills because i have taken in the past 4 pills for menstrual cramps and have always lasted 4days. I schedule an appointed to the dr because this is really aquard ....but is there anything i should be looking out for?? after the abortioni had (which i regret) alot of things have change....like i no longer feel or know when im ovulatin. before i knew when i would ovulate cuz i would feel the pain. whats really going on with me. Theres no way i could be pregnant. But one thing i know i have been geeling cramps on and off after my period and its no close to my next period. and did not get no cramps when i was menstrating oct 6.....would wait for your responce

Hi Sissis,

Glad to hear back from you.

Sometimes your period can be different.  7 days is longer than most however.  With the cramps and bleeding it could be due to a cyst or possibly an infection.

Get it checked.  That's the best thing you can do.