Hey yall. I recently switch to a higher dose of BCPs, Junel FE 1.5/30. My boyfriend and I have been having sex, and 4 days ago after he checked the condom it broke before he entered me and we stopped. So the broken condom was never in me. We use spermicidal ones and thats the first time its ever broken. Now if I have never missed a pill or taken it late, I shouldn't have anything to worry about right? I only had 4 active pills left so I would have been protected technically. I guess i'm just nervous cause I started my placebo week this week and being a college student during finals week i'm extremely stressed and my anxiety is making me worry. I definitely think im fine, but I just thought i'd ask. I know not all birth control is 100% but we always use condoms and ive never had any problems in the last year with my BC. Thanks!

It's not just to ease your mind, but really, what else could you have done to be more protected? You don't have to worry about the pregnancy - you have been on the birth control pills for long enough so that they already have stopped your ovulation (placebo week or not, you are still protected) so even if you had completely unprotected sex there was no chance you could have gotten pregnant because there was no fertile egg released because of the BC pills. You are fine.