I am planning to go with my friends to mountain this summer. We prepared for that, bought everything we thought we might need over there. Anyway, our happiness calms down when my parents started to warrant us about dangerous tic bite. They told us that tics are able to affect people with some dangerous diseases. We want to know if that is true, and we want to hear one disease for example, if that is possible.

For a long time ago, we know that tic bite may transmit different diseases. These diseases might transmit between people, such as between people and animals. That is true you need to take care about that, and maybe you could go to the pharmacy to buy some spray against tics. There is one popular disease called Lyme disease, caused by an infection with a spirochete. That is Borrelia Burgdorferi, which are actually from tics, especially deer tics. Most tics do not carry the Borrelia Burgdorferi, so it is not necessary to give antibiotics for every tic bite. Important is that you make careful inspection of the skin when you come back, that might be useful. The early rash of Lyme disease is erythema, which starts about ten days after the tic bite. It spreads several centimeters per week from the site of the bite with spreading erythema.