We were camping and just got home. I found on my daughter neck tic bite, since she is scratching it as mad. She also has slight fever. My husband just took her to emergency room, where they shell, hopefully remove the tic. Is it dangerous for a 13 year old to have a tic bite (on a neck!)? What are possible consequences?

Hey there,
You did the right thing. I think she shall be put on some tests for Lyme disease and if she is positive (hopefully not), she shall be put on antibiotics. I think, actually she’ll be put on antibiotics anyway, just in case not to develop lyme disease. Tic bite could be dangerous, since for example lyme disease (which is one of disease tics cause) could cause damage of central nervous system, but you were early enough to prevent this from happening.

Hi. I was recently bitten by a tick in Costa Rica insid my belly button. I'm not sure if I got the head or not. 3 weeks later and there is still a 'bump' inside my bb where I was bitten. I am also experiencing hot/cold flashes throughout the day and night. No rash or headaches though. Are these symptoms of something serious? I don't know about bites by insects out of the country.

you need to get that checked! those are signs of diseases from tics.

I had a deer tick on me 2 days untill I figured out what it was.

I went to the doctor and had it removed.

YOU MUST BE ON ANTIBIOTICS !!!!!

I was on doxicycline for 10 days.

The antibiotics will prevent lyme disease and yes , Rockey Mountain Spotted Fever.