I love to go to the nature, going camping is my favorite, but I fear of getting a lyme disease. Every day I hear something about lyme, like more and more people are geeting lyme, and how ticks are dangerous and stuff. I would like to know how to prevent lyme disease? Seems to me there`s no much that I could do.

Hi. I`m 27 and a ticks bit me when I was in the wood. Some ticks, but not all (I think some 50%) are infected with borrelia burgdorferi. Lyme is caused by borrelia. In the world of increasing population, more and more people are getting lyme because it is so easy to come in contact with ticks. There is no lyme vaccine or something, but in order to prevent getting lyme is to make sure that no tick is attached on your body for more than 36 hours. You should avoid areas with infected ticks. Wear long pants and tuck them into socks. And, do a tick check every day.