Hi. I recently went on a camping with my friends. We really had a great time… But, after I came back home, I noticed tick on my left shoulder. I removed it using gasoline (advice from one of my friends) and washed it with soap. I did not feel any changes regarding my health… Not until yesterday… I first had a very strong headache and muscle pain ever since… Is it possible that I have Lyme disease??

Dear, from what you’ve told us, there is a good chance that you do have a Lyme disease. All symptoms are very common for that disease and you have been bitten by a tick. Lyme disease is an illness caused by a spirochete bacteria which is usually transmitted to man through the bite of infected ticks. Fortunately, disease is treatable with antibiotics. I would recommend you to pay a visit to your doctor asap to give you prescription so that you can start treatment immediately. The sooner the better. Hope you’ll get well soon.