What can you tell me about Rickettsia? I read somewhere that this epidermal parasite is found in almost every country. I am spending lot of time in outdoor activities, especially during spring and summer. It is not rare for me to have tics, insect bite…etc. I am worried because of Rickettsia, because I’ve heard that it can cause very serious diseases. Is that true?

Bacteria of the genus Rickettsia are carried as parasites by many ticks, fleas, and lice. Rickettsia cause diseases such as typhus, rickettsialpox, Boutonneuse fever, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Brill-Zinsser disease and endemic typhus in human beings.
I never had it, but I’ve heard from others that majority of Rickettsia bacteria are susceptible to antibiotics of the tetracycline group. Since you are spending lot of time outside maybe you should buy those lotions, sprays and other staff as prevention for insect bites, tics etc.