Hi guys and girls,

need some advice as im a little freaked out right now! its a long story so bare with me!

Ok so a month ago i went to the doctors with pains in my lower back, frequent urination, and abdominal cramps and bloating. The doc took a urine sample and said there was blood in my urine and assumed it was some sort of UTI. So i took a 5 day course of antibiotics, didnt help so went back to the docs and changed meds. This seemed to do the trick for a week or so but now im experiencing more difficulties :-(
Now every evening i have to make sure i use the toilet before bed, but wake up absolutley bursting to go in the morning. my stomah really hurts where i have held in my urine.
I done some research and saw some people set there alarms at night to wake them up to use the toilet. I tried this and it seemed to help but was still waking up bursting to go!

Is this normal? Ive been doing some research and think it sounds a bit like IC (Interstitial cystitis ). Any ideas or advice would be great.

Yes, see a urologist to rule it out.... You do not say your age so it is a bit hard to know more. The difference between a urologist and an PCP Md is that many do not do a urine culture before and after the bladder infection . may not have used the right antibiotic etc... they would also re-test your urine to see if there is still blood in it. Blood in the urine can be serious and needs to be investigated if it is not clearing up with antibiotics..At the minimum go back to your Md and ask for a complete urinalysis and a culture and move on from there.. .

dlh99... thankyou for your advice. i will do that