Hi all. I’m very confused as to what is wrong with me and I would really like to hear your comments on this. I have urethra problems - mild pain and sensitivity. It all started 4 months ago when I had my first bladder infection. It was pretty bad but was cleared with antibiotics. Then, only two weeks after Ii had this mild pain sensation which has stayed with me ever since. I had my urine tested, but it came back negative. I have no other serious symptoms , just this pain I can feel on my urethra. Is this related to the infection? I suffer various allergies but I really don’t think that my bladder and allergic reactions are connected. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

To be completely honest, I've never heard of anything like this. Anyway, it raises a red flag in my mind. I really don't mean to scare you, but you really should get it checked out with a urologist because constant pain usually indicates more serious problems… Even cancer... I'm not saying that is what you have, but just that you should have that checked out asap to find out exactly what it is.

IVE HAD A PAIN SIMILAR TO THIS. IM 35 AND HAVE BEEN HAVING A SEVERE BURNING SENSATION WHEN I URINATE SINCE I WAS ABOUT 19 YEARS OLD. I HAVE TWO KIDS AND WITH EACH, IVE ASKED THE DR ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE SEEN A UROLOGIST (HE INSISTED ON SCRAPPING MY URETHRA..OUCH!!) THEY HAVE GIVEN ME ANTIBIOTICS, IVE TAKEN X-RAYS TO SEE IF ANY CANCER WAS PRESENT..NONE FOUND. THIS TRULY SCARES ME, BECAUSE NOW IM BEGINNING TO BLEED AFTER I URINATE. I KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG, BUT IM BEING TOLD NOTHING IS FOUND.

my urethra problemis only when i urinate a mild burn in the tube

I am suffering from the same types of symptoms. It all started in 2000 when I went to cancun mexico, and had my first UTI. The symptoms never ever got better, and here we are 7 years later. Basically:

I have a pain in my urethra, i cant sit too long or wear jeans because it makes the symptoms worse

I am a slave to drinking, because if I dont drink enough fluids, i suffer with a terrible burning when I do go.

My urethra feels like it spazzes or twitches painfully on occcasion, usually after I urinate or lay down to go to bed.

My bladder feels funny, like its just floating there, and i always know its there.

No one has found any infections, though I did see a urologist and he put me on Macrobid for 1 year straight. It was the best year of my life because the symptoms actually stopped for about a year. Now the macrobid is not working and no one knows what this is. It really puts a damper on life, and I thought I was the only one. It is a shame to see how many women suffer silently from these types of problems. Can't someone find a cure for us?

It is a relief to hear that someone else has the same problems i do. Since i was about 14 (i'm 22 now) i have had a BAD burning feeling in my urethra after i urinate if i dont drink enough water. no doctor seems to be able to figure out why. just recently i had my first UTI, and ever since i have had a feeling of pressure on my urethra but nothing shows up on tests. i've also been tested for STD's, but all of the tests are negative. i hope they can figure out what's wrong soon because it is a miserable feeling.

I have read the above and again I am shocked at how many women have these sorts of pains. I have now been sufering from urethra pain for 2 years. I have been to see a gynacologist and had a laparoscopy to try to identify why the pain was occuring and recently i have undergone urethra dilation - both of which unfortunately did not work! The pain seems to get worse a day or so after intercourse and now my Urologist has asked me to take one antibiotic after intercourse to rule out any chance of infection!!! I am as confused as ever and really dont understand what is happening - any advice would be most welcomed

Try checking out Interstitial Cystitus... or IC on the web. This is a condition, which my uro thinks I probably have, where you have UTI symptoms but urine tests reveal no infection.

Hi, I also suffer from iritated urethra. I found out, after many years of problems that if I wear loose pants which don't touch my urethra it's ok. As soon as I wear tight pans, jeans, the pain comes back. Feels like to go to the bathroom and afterwards I feel burning.
Is there any solution?

I have similar problems. Ever since I was a little girl I started getting bladder infections, they were all treated and got worse as I got older. I am now 18 and have them constantly and built up so much scare tissue that I dont feel them so have to be on mild antibiotics all the time. My urologist diagnost me with IC, an uncurable disease effected my bladder, I have had a bladder stretching and am going in for another surgery tomorrow. Now he thinks he mis diagnost me. I have constant bladder pains and a burning in my urethra all the time. My urethra has gotten worse and worse and I dont know what to do anymore.

I am having a very similar problem I have some pain and burning after
urination.

I had several bladder infections took antibodics and then it went away.

then they send of my urine for a culture and it comes back negative.

I am now on flomax, it seems to help a little but hasn't cured it.

I am 7 1/2 months preg. so they won't do any test on me, just waiting.

I am wondering what the problem is? did you ever find out what was the problem with yours?

any advise is appreciated. thanks. please email at
mary@ravemediamarketing.com

Hi, it may sound akward, but it pleased me to read that someone is experiencing the same problem, as I've been having for last 8mths. That means to me I am absolutely normal. Unfortunately I can't help you, maybe just can tell you a little bit from my experience. Well, I have been to GP many times (every second week), they always gave me ATB, which has caused a ATB resistance in my body - so don't let them to be telling you you're having a usul urinary infection and need ATB! That's rubbish!!! When I get the pain now I need at least 4tablets of 500mg Codydramol in one go, which is only on prescription and is allowed 1 tablet every 6hrs!!!Thanks to GP. I finished many time on A & E and finally managed to get to see a urologist, who did the Cystocopy to me and found everything absolutely OK with my bladder! When I was leaving the surgery I didn't even manage to get to main door and got a terrible urinary pain + hot flushes and dizziness. Went back, they were shocked, but all they did was they gave me Paracetamol and waited when it stopped. I'm suppose to go for a further examination, but they made the appointment for OCtober - 3mths away from the day I collapsed in their surgery!
Thanks to all this I went for a medical abortion when I found I was pregnant a couple of months ago. When I found I was pregnant I certainly stopped drinking wine and must say I was absolutely ok for more than 10 weeks. About 3 weeks ago I have started drinking a little bit again - like2 glasses of wine once a week and my problems are slightly coming back. So in my case it could be the wine causing the problems. So try to watch yourself what you're eating, drinking, doing (high activity could be the reason too - it's my other problem). I also sleep with a hot water bottle, drink 1l of cranberry juice every day and 2 l of water (or squash) at least!!! I hope you'll be fine soon. Don't let them tell you it's a usual urinary infection!!!

GOod luck

Hi everyone. I was so glad to come across your posts and to discover that I wasn't the only one experiencing my symptoms. I'm not sure how much help I can be but I really want to share my story.
In 2003 I had a severe UTI, and ever since something has been wrong. After urinating I would feel discomfort in my urethra that would only go away by drinking lots of water, sitting down for long periods of time and wearing tight pants made my symptoms worse, and drinking alcohol or having sex would also intensify the problem.
After many years of complaining to different doctors, I finally got to see a urologist in mid 2007. I had a cystoscopy and the uro couldn't find anything wrong with my bladder or urethra, and then I had an MRI scan to rule out a urethral diverticulum. The uro couldn't find a single thing physically wrong with me and basically told me to go away and deal with it!!! My GP suggested I might have interstitial cystitis, but after reading about this debilitating condition and seeing as the uro didn't diagnose it, I refused to accept that my symptoms were caused by IC.
I decided to do some research myself on the internet and found this message board. Something on here prompted me to research in a particular direction, and thank god I did! Around the same time that my symptoms started, I started a new birth control pill called Yasmin. For years I thought it was a great pill as it cleared my skin up beautifully, but now I think differently! One of the main ingredients in the pill Yasmin and in many other birth control pills is called ethinyl estradiol, and one of the known side effects of this ingredient is "cystitis like syndrome." I have now stopped taking the pill and after only a week and a half without it, I FEEL GREAT! I have been drinking alcohol again and even managed to wear tight pants with only minor discomfort! I'm sure that I've still got some of the ingredient in my system, and believe that I will only continue to feel better as my body gets rid of it.
I really wanted to share my story in the hope that it sheds light for others and stops some other people's pain. Good luck and god bless!

hi mt name is annmarie and in 18 and i have gone throgh some bad medical problems i have had 3 to 4 UTI's and then fell pregnant and misscarried and then come diognosed with endometrioses and no i am haveing relay bad disscomfort inside my urithra and burning on the out side and i am haveing all the pregnancy signs and symtoms i go to pee and it hurts and wen i go wen i need it straght away its not bad but i hold it in for a while it hurts for the rest of the day and i get it wen i wear mt jeans and other tiet cloths and wen i wear loose cloths im fins till i hold it in for a while cos i only have to hold it in wen i out were there is no toilets around i woiud do any thing to just feel ok for just a day i realy need some help with this any one plz

I'm 22 and have been having symptoms somewhat similar to what you have been discribing. I will feel totally fine until I have to pee, and after I do so I have discomfort in my urethra. There's no infection, no STD's, nothing. No one seems to be able to figure it out. I'm worried. I'm young, it's affecting everything - I seem to be having difficulty becoming physically aroused (wet) something I've never had problems with before and I think it's related. It seems to get worse sometimes - to the point of pain, and constantly being uncomfortable. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm so scared.