? hi ive been examined by my gp with Epididymitis back last november he put me on antibiotcs Ciprofloxacin which eased it for a while but then it was back he then put me on anorther brand like bladder muscle relaxents 4 get the name of them they were ok again 4 a bit. also had trimethrprim antibiotics to rule out urinery tract infection they were the 1st ones i had as i thought i had a urinery infection so a urine sample and blood sample were done all came back ok. then he put me on the Ciprofloxacin after examing me to see if there were any lumps signs of cancer all was clear. he said it was Epididymitis. i took them then i returned a month later then he refered me to this gum clinic where i had a swab of the penis took again that came back fine. then i went to see him again still problems and he then refered me last tuesday 4 an ultra sound bladder scan. now this week that came back with mild inflammation again to do with the Epididymitis what he told me i had. so i rung the gp now today and i thats what the receptionest told me from the letter that the hospital sent back to me gp there was mild inflammation of the Epididymitis i had. now i had to make an appoiment now so they have said 8.20 this friday my ? is i wonder what the gp will now do as im a bit worried as this pain can be like dull numbness in the testickles do u think they will give me more antibiotics or further tests thats if there r further tests. also takeing voltarol disperable anti inflammotories but they only work for so long and the pain is back. ive been drinking cranberry juice and water to help to. please getback to me as im wondering if there is any thing to cure this problem. after haveing going to gum clinic and haveing ultra sound bladder test done.

well pcran, i'm a little confused. did the doctors find anything wrong with your baldder at all? as for your epididymitis you may be able to have a semen culture done. this will test the secreations in your semen for the presence of any bacteria that could be causing the infection. once the causative organism is discovered sensitivity tests can be done to determine which antibiotics work the best against that particular strain of bacteria. it could be that the bacteria that is causing your infection is partially succeptable to the cipro but it has some resistance therefore it didnt totally cure your infection and now its back. i would try to figure out what is causing it and test the sensitivity of the organism.
does this make sense? keep me updated on what you find out and if you have any other questions or concerns just ask.

well after i went to see him again he has now put me on a months course of Erythromycin 250mg its me third day on them today feels a bit better but i dont want to hold my breath as this has been an intermiittent problem on and off. can u reply back to my post again gp said months course should take away the infection rather than the normal dose of antibiotics.