Could vaginal fisting be responsible for recurring UTI’s? We wash hands, wear gloves and use lots of lubrication.

I recently had a persistent UTI that required 3 rounds of different antibiotics to clear up and I think its back. I'm experiencing a pink frothy discharge as well as urgency and frequency of urination. No pain upon urination but some soreness in my lower abdomen.

I’ve recently had an STD panel and none of my lab cultures grew but I keep showing leukocytes and blood in my urine.

What can I do to find some relief and prevent symptoms from returning?

If you want to know if its the cause of your UTI then don't perform fisting for say one to two months after you clear up the most recent bout of infection. It'll let you know whether the fisting is having any effect on you in this way. However, I have been active in fisting regularly with my husband for well over two years and have never experienced a UTI in my lifetime. (knock on wood) I do not know what your other practices may be sexually, however I have been informed that improper washing of the vagina post sex play of any kind can raise one's risk of infection(meaning wash up within an hour after having sex). I have also read that urination post sex play can reduce the chances of UTI by making sure the urinary tract is clear of other fluids. Drinking cranberry juice can help raise your urine's acidicness which can reduce the risk of UTI and ensuring one drinks 8 glasses of clear fluids daily will keep you hydrated and your urine from becoming overly concentrated. Avoid coffee and other caffeine drinks, for some reason they can increase your urine's concentration, also stay away from overly sugary foods and drinks as this will add sugar into your urine, which is a spawning eden for bacteria ... this would include those starches too.

Good luck! ^_^

o.O 8) you may try using gloves (latex or nitrile if you are allergic to latex) and lube. your infection might be caused by improper hand washing (fingernails, and the like). sounds like you have a vaginal infection and not a urinary infection but you should be checked for both (i usually have UTI's AND vaginal infections). remember that your hands touch everything and everything touches your hands, if you are fisting you AND your partner should wash hands AND forearms with warm soapy water for at least 30 sec. rinsing and patting dry. (my partner and I do this before sex always, by washing each others hands it is like a weird form of foreplay).

SERIOUSLY ! ! ! ! ! ! SEE A DOCTOR and have a culture and sensitivity done BEFORE ! taking anymore antibiotics, ask and know your results.

ASK!
What organism caused infection?
What antibiotics is this organism resistant to?
What antibiotics is this organism suseptible to?

A common reason for recurring UTI is a vitamin B Deficiency. So if all else isn't working to prevent them:

washing before and after sex, urinating before and after sex (before sleeping!), making sure that you aren't allergic to your lube (yes, some lubes can cause UTI if you are slightly allergic to it), no STDs...

If you have done all that, and you still have persistent UTIs, get back on the anti-biotics, but also go get a B-complex (I recommend Schiff brand mega B complex with rice, they are small and you can take up to FOUR a day).

That should help with your issue.

-i

I have had 6 kidney infections (i'm 24) and average a UTI about once a month. I have seen multiple urologists and none of them can find anything wrong with me. I saw the first one when I was 9 and had my last kidney infection. Since then I average 9-10 UTIs a year and no one knew why. I recently change DRs and he told me to take 500mg of vitamin C every day. I have tried every thing: shower before and after sex, use a condom with plenty of lube, pee before and after, wash your hands and his hands, cranberry pills, antibiotic after sex for 24 hours... well you get the point. So far I have been taking the vitamin C for 6 months and haven't had a UTI. The Dr said that the bacteria can't survive in high acidic urine, it seems to be working and it's cheap. After years this is the only thing that works FOR ME. My husband and I have quit pausing our life to make sure everything is clean, and recently have started fisting and haven't had a problem. I hope this helps...

I went off my Depakote last August. Since then, I've been getting monthly UTI's/bladder infections and the feeling of something moving around in my bladder. I've been taking B-complex, and 1000 mg. of vitamin C daily. I've never made love to anyone, so that's not what's causing the problem. I keep going to the ER and the doctor gives me antibiotics. Likewise, so does my MD. My urologist won't see me because I don't have health insurance. I also might be passing kidney stones. Will this continue or go away on it's own? I hope that it stops permanently because it's tiresome!!

I've had 2 rounds of antibiotics for my UTI.. and I still have my UTI and just started to get a pale pinkish discharge as well!! I can't get into my doctor till Tuesday. Have you found out what it is?

So... for the past few years i have been getting reuccuring bladder infectins... I would go to the doc and get antibiotics a month or so it would come back. i took so many antibiotics it just wasnt healthy! finally they did a culture and found out i had strep b which can cause bladder infections. so he gave me the pills for that and it didnt feel like it totally went away so i went back and he said that the streb b wasnt there anymore and he didnt know what it was. so i went to see a specialst.. he said he couldnt find bacteria in my urine...but yet it was still hurting when i went pee.so he told me to take macrobid everytime i started feeling the symptoms. it does work... but it still comes back every couple weeks. it feels like someones lighting my crotch with a lighter after i'm done peeing. I take cran berry pills everyday..make sure i pee after sex.. but now i will try and take vit C pills. I Hope this is not a life long thing! %-) if anyone has sugestions thatd be great!

Please stop recommending Cranberry Juice, it's acidic. You have to neutralize the bladder PH. Acidic food and beverages, especially sugar and caffeine will cause more inflammation.