I am hoping someone might be able to give me some info on what i have been experiencing. for about a month I have been having UTI feelings. They started a month ago with waking up one morning feeling extreme urgency, and pain when urinating and the usual feelings of having to urinate again right after, but nothing comming out. My urine was dark, and slightly pink nad i noticed a small bit of blood on tissue. This was not from vagina and i realized then that i had been noticing pinkish pee for about a week prior to this without other symptoms. I began herbals (imm not big on antibiotics or doctors) which seemd to get it under control, but then i would go one day where i wouldnt drink a ton, and it would be back again, only milder. I took an at home urine dipstick test and showed negative for UTI, but the symptoms still linger. I went to the doc yesterday to have a test and their in office test showed blood, but no bacteria. They are culturing it and ill know in a day or two. But upon comming home i noticed what appeared to be small white tissue pieces in my urine, quite a big of them. I realized that i h ad been noticing this for a few days, but had thought it vaginal discharge. I still have the urine urgency, which is getting slightly better with different herbals and tons of water. I find that if i wait for more than 2 hours to urinate during the day, the feelings of UTI increase again.
I dont know if what im seeing is tissue or mucus........its slightly stringy and ranges in size from tiny specks to ones that are longer. I started trying to read on the web about this and just kept finding renal necrosis stuff about sloughing off tissue in the urine. Naturally, im pretty worried.
The first thing to do is obviously see what the culture says...........but if it is normal, then what? Would kidney tissue be white? Could tissue be from bladder? Could mucus look like tissue?
I have no back pain and some mild occasional pain in groin area, above pelvic bone - which i read is typical of utis.................but strange it can linger this long if this is waht it is.......

any thoughts are very welcome and appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Peace,
Jen

I was wondering if you have had any luck finding out anything. A lot of what you wrote sounds very familiar to me and my problem has been going on now since about March of 2006. At that time it was a mild UTI, a month later same thing, suddenly another month or so later the doctors blamed it all on Ovarian Cysts. A month after they said that was the problem I was sent for another Ultrasound, which according to the doctors the cysts disappeared and I'm back to no cause for my problems.
I'm still occasionally passing white pieces what also looks like white tissue, but I can't pin point anything that I do that makes it better or worse. I also get pains in my groin area, that come on suddenly, linger for a bit then go away. Also, for a few months now my left hip area stays swollen, which doesn't seem to concern the doctors.
As of lately, I still occasionally see the pieces of white tissue when I go to the bathroom, still have sudden pains and hip swelling. My appetite has greatly reduced, I'm losing weight (which I cannot afford), getting slightly depressed and just constantly feel tired with bouts of nausia. Also, bowel movements have been very irregular and I have some other symptoms which I'm unsure if their even related (such as white spots that appear occasionally on my arms and/or around my knees, that eventually disappear only to return later in the hour, day or week).

Does any of this sound familiar to you? Like yourself I've been very concerned for sometime and cannot get answers anywhere. Being that it's been so long I find myself getting depressed that I'm more concerned than doctors are, I don't sleep well anymore and I feel lousy pretty much all the time and hardly have the energy to leave my house any more. It's extremely frustrating and when I read your post it sound very familiar so I though I would see if you've had any luck.

If you could reply somehow I would really apprecaite it because I too am running out of patients and am really sick and tired of feeling so sick and tired.

Thanks!
Dee

Hello there. Blood in urine causes so many different things and headaches. Blood in urine definitely is not a good sign. It can be an indicator of anything. It is natural that our kidneys are chemical filters for our blood and actually about one-quarter of the blood pumped by the heart goes through the kidneys. But, since it sees so much of the body's blood flow, the kidneys also contain pressure-sensitive tissue which helps the body control blood pressure. You can guess the rest. I am aware that a lot of people can tell you that maybe you were pregnant because of this issue, but that is not true. At least, it doesn't have to be. I suggest you check all of it, don't give up until you find out the real cause of your problems. Something is definitely not OK and you should not give up on this that easy. 

Hey all i have the same problems with the blood being in my urine they told me 250+ not for sure how high that is but seems like only time its there is when i become pregnant then after i loose it it goes away the dr says i have a u.t.i but never no symptoms of it just a odd smell to my urine and like all you i get no answers why its there and does it have anything to do with recurrent miscarriages ive ask these questions in pregnancy forums but nobody has the slighest idea i hope im not the only woman that has that much blood in my urine.. anybody can help me please i need some advice??

Hi people, for the last week or so Ive had extremely painful pains in my lower tummy, about 2 inchs lower of my belly button! I also had diahorrea, felt real sick, and was actually retching but nothing come up! Making me worried, I visited my doctor, and she had a feel of my stomach etc, and said its probably likely to be a bug, also did a urine test too, nothing showed up, all clean.

after a day it went n i was ok, but today, satarday, i went to the beach, and after it, i got a few twitches in my stomach again, and felt sick, nervous and like i was going to have to run to the toilet. I went to the toilet at the beach, and there was 2 small coin sized dots of blood on my underwear, i thought nothing off it. After returning home, I went for a Pee, and when I wiped myself there was blood on the tissue. I finished my period last thursday or friday(25th,26th). So I am not due another one until or around that date this month.

Hopefully, its nothing major, It is quite scary when things like this happen as its not natural!

Any replies would be appreciated!!

I had the sameamount 250+ and I'm 18 years old and not pregnant...I don't have any kind of kidney stones or kidney or bladder infections but I definetaly have UTI...I went to the doctor a few hours ago and they perscribed me the generic SMZ/TMP DS 800-160 TAB ----I was wondering why the doc wrote ADULT 250 after he tested my urinefor blood....he siad it was very high but I have no clue what that means???.....any one help? I thought this would relate to your post!

April

... it will hard to diagnose properly. However I am not a doc. White items in ruine could be part of the body getting rid of silicon - if patient does have any silicon in the body. And the blood in uring is often misunderstood when no traces of infection, simply because people overdose on vitamine C which creates breakes in the bladder. Stop taking C for a week and see if condition improves...
Cheers, hope you feel better

I lately had this tissue stuff in urine. Have a great doctor that explained yes the pain I had was a uti and the white stuff is the white blood cells flooding the bladder to heal . she said it can be just mild white or stringy but it is white blood cells coming in to help infections. Hope this helps.

Have you ever had a urinary stone? Because with the lack of UA findings plus the continuing pain and hematuria, it sounds like an obstructive stone, which would probably not show up on a urine culture either, because with a UA and culture, all they're looking for is INFECTION, not obstruction. And the pain location would suggest a stone in the bladder. I have several kidney stones myself, and this last batch of them decided to all come out at once. I had the same white stuff in my urine, too. One "floatie" in particular caught my eye cause it was (seriously) shaped just like a snowflake, with the lattice-type of pattern and everything. I just have microscopic hematuria, but also have bacteria and white blood cells in mine, although the levels are barely enough to produce a positive result. If it weren't for my immunosuppressed state (active flare of SLE along with immunosuppressive corticosteroids), I probably wouldn't have any markers of infection. I don't even have a fever, but chills, which emedicine described as typical of a stone. And the flank pain is so bad that even with the Vicodin that I was lucky enough to get from my doc doesn't help for too long. When I pee, it feels like I'm pushing and pushing to start, and then instead of coming out in a straight flow, it sprays every which way and then dribbles on forever after I feel like I'm done. And after peeing, my flank pain is so bad, it's almost paralyzing. It's kind of frustrating, since I haven't had any radiological studies recently to tell how many stones there are or whether they're causing a major problem with obstruction or not. Grrr. But I feel lucky that I finally found a doc who listens to people who's pain isn't chronic, but isn't acute, more like recurring acute pain, if that makes sense. We're going to do a KUB in two days, after 3 days of antibiotic and pain management therapy, which will use the radioactive dye to kind of "draw" where my pee goes and if there's an obstruction, or a problem with the kidneys themselves, we'll know. I'm just happy to not be practically suicidal from the pain today.

But, yeah, sorry to go off on my own bunny trail there. But seriously, if you really feel like somethings not right in there, and UA and culture aren't saying anything, I would suggest a KUB or abdominal CT with contrast to my urologist or PCP to rule-out stones and reno-vascular impairment. Hope you get to feeling better. Hell, I hope we ALL do.

i cant believe am reading this, this happened to me to0, i had uti attack which i always get all the time, and then after my two week medication on my antibiotic two days after i felt the uti coming back again, worst my pee has blood and has some kind of tissue like thing on it, some white some red, i dunno wat seems to be the problem. i need help as well! any suggetions?

Everything here is so similar to what I am experiencing now. I was having a severe back pain that lasted for about 3 months starting in early March. I didn't think too much about it because I thought it was due to changing mattresses. During that 3 month-period, I hardly drink any water. I drank coffee in the morning and coke for lunch and dinner. I finally decided to see a doctor because the back pain won't go away and I couldn't sleep and when I couldn't sleep, I drank more coffee in the morning which made my condition worse.

On my first visit, the doctor said I had "urethral stenosis" which I thought was really weird because how does that have anything to do with back pain. He also said that my back pain was due to me changing mattresses because that's why I told him. He prescribed some FLOMAX for me to help me pee. He also did a urine test and there was blood in my urine but at the time, he didn't think I should be worried about it.

2 weeks after that, I went to see him again and they did another urine test. I still have blood in my urine. This time, he said I have kidney stones because at that time I also had pelvic pain. So he said I have kidney stones and told me to get my a CT-SCAN of my kidney and so I did but there were no stones in my kidney.

I visited him again after another 2 weeks, this time he said he didn't know what caused the blood in my urine and my back pain and referred me to a urologist. This time, I had white blood cells in addition to the red blood cells in my urine. The doctor said the presence of the white blood cells is an indication of infection but there was no bacteria or nitrate, which he said is good cause there was no infection???!??! I don't know what he was saying. But anyway, I did see the white tissue in my urine cause the doctor told me to filter my urine through a strainer to capture the "stones" but all I saw were the white tissue. I did not tell my doctor this because I thought that was toilet paper until I read this forum and I will tell my doctor next time I see him.

I went to the urologist last week and they told me there are 3 possible reasons that cause the blood:
1) Kidney stones
2) UTI
3) Tumor in my bladder

They could not determine which one causes the hematuria until after they do a cytoscopy procedure on me which I am not so thrilled about. I have asked to be sedated during the procedure. Anyway, now the back pain had gone. I've missed my period for two months (the doctor knew this) and now my period is getting regular again with normal flow. I am starting to think that all this pain that I had wasn't due to urinary tract problems but my reproductive organs.

I have had multiple UTI's and started having lots of blood in my urine, sometimes with no bacteria. After they finally did a CT scan WITH contrast they found out I had renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer). I'm only 51 and this had been there a while. Anytime you see blood in your urine it's not normal and needs to be followed up. A plain CT scan doesn't show tumors, it needs to be a CT scan with contrast. My tumor was over 1.5 inches, but luckily was only stage 2 and not further along than it was.

i have been having uti symptoms even after i have had a uti and finished antibiotics. this concerns me because i want these feelings to stop.

i don't want to feel like i need to pee every 30 minutes and i drink plenty of water and i even cut caffeine out of my diet.

i have had follow up exams and the test show NO INFECTION, but i have no blood or tissue in my urine.

PLEASE HELP!

Hello Dee,

I ahve been having similar symptons-white tisse , pain though not the others. I was told I have an ovarian cyst, then took 2-3 rounds of antibiotics for UTI. Finally I have been reffered to an Urorologist with the suspicion I might have interstitial cystitis. May be you want to contact an urologist. You can read more about this here:

http://www.medicinenet.com/interstitial_cystitis/page2.htm

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51258

All the best.

I also have the white floaters in urine. severe right flank pain, moving towards groin area, Along with exhaustion. I had been drinking natural energy drinks "HEALTHY'?? I went to Dr. 'No bacteria she said, minute trace of blood,"MY pain It was musle soarness??? Im 53, I know the feeling of uti pain. IM now ? ? flooding myself with water, Going to try watermellon only for a few days' Maybe give the protien and vitamin and energy drinks some thought??? THis has happened before and I think that may be the cause???