I suddenly developed a pain in my urethra area, more like a tingling on the tip of my penis, added to this me and the big white toilet bowl have become good friends. I find that I am off to the loo every 2 hours or so.

I have now had this pain for 14 months or so and during that time I have blood test for diabetes, various STD checks (Not HIV) and more recently cystoscopy. Anyway these all turned out to be negative. During the cystoscopy the surgeon did say everything look fine but there was some tightness were the bladder meets the urethra, he duly eased this a little and sent me on my way with some hope. Ahhhhhhhh, if only, the pain is still there and he has now given me a course of antibiotics to take.

Funny thing is during the period in question there were 2 spells were this problem just seemed to disappear only to return at a later date. Unfortunately I have now had it since Oct/2006 with no give up. It’s beginning to annoy me.

I am bit overweight 17st and I already have an increase level of anxiety, so not sure if these could be compounding matters even more.

Would be grateful if any one out there in cyberspace could offer me some advice on what the cause maybe

Much Obliged

I seem to have alot of your similar problems. Did you ever find an answer to this most uncomfortable and barely livable problem.

My son also had the same problem. Ended up that his uretha had a pinch in it. The doctor has since gone in and ballooned the uretha which he now is pain free. Sometimes the ballooning has to be done every 2 years for 3-4 times as it is like an elastic, but it is Day Surgery.

Do you use a catheter at all? I use on all the time for the last 5 years and now I have a "stricture", a narrowing in the uretha which is scar tissue from using the catheter. Much like plaque buildup in an artery. The urologist says he can fix it by dialating it ?? or surgery. Ouch! Am waiting a while longer.

Hi, have had strictures for years, now. I've gotten so use to the 'dilitation procedure' that my doc now calls me a 'trooper'. I now can withstand a full cystoscopic procedure with dilation(s) with sounds. At first, I thought it medieval, but now, just do it doc. Otherwise I end up in OR or emergency with a catheter. He want to teach me how to self-catheterize myself, but am reluctant.
Orignally, I had a cystotomy near 20 years ago, it worked for over 10 years. But, it can not be done repeatedly. I have strictures from several causes, not youthful lunacies. Occasionally, I get painful micturition -- it usually from spicy foods or excessive caffeine. If I'm coming down with a bug or something, my meatus can get a bit sore -- more water. I just drink more and more water. Last night, I slept through the whole night without getting up to pee. That's rare!