Hi, I'm a 38 yr. old female having an itch in my urethra and constantly going to the bathroom to pee. I've been seen by different Doctors and they've done all kinds of tests on me. They even checked me for STDs/UTIs and they can't figure out the cause. All they tell me is that there's blood in my urine.I'm going to go see specialist, but until now I don't have a clue what it could be. I've been doing my research on google and I've came a cross with, Cancer/ Tumor
in the Blader/Urethra/ IC and PBS. I'm to the point where I don't know what to do for now but wait. Does this sound familiar to anyone out there?

;-) I do have the same symptoms as yours. Like itching over genitals. Im not into any steroids or antibiotics. My period was last Aug 20 and i felt dry. Prior to my period, i had my urine check. doctor says i test found few crystals in my urine and there's blood. SO to they asked for kidney urethra bladder ultrasound. Thank God im negative and its all normal. Now why is it there is blood in the urine ? what could be the causes of it?

Hi girls,

At the moment I also have urinary bleeding. I've had this before, and it went away by itself after several weeks. I *think* it's from the same cause... which is basically.... frigging myself really hard while I have sex *blush*. I think I've somehow caused damage to that area (just from rubbing... no nails involved), so now it's incredibly aggrivated and hurts like hell whenever I pee.

Last time this happened I had a test by the doctor and she said there was no bacteria present, just blood and white blood cells which indicates my body has A) been fighting the infection and now no bacteria is present or B) repairing damaged urethra.

Hope this helps,

Anonymous

It sounds a lot like Interstitial Cystitis. If you've never been for a lower abdomen ultrasound or had a urine culture, I highly suggest both to rule this possibility out. Frequent urination (esp. at night), blood in urine (also a symptom of UTI, Kidney Infection, and inflamed urethra), and pain during sex are all indicators of IC.
Good luck!

I also have similar symptoms but mine are getting worse as time goes on. I'm 44. It started with mild irritation, itchiness in my vaginal area, hotness and burning feeling inside my vaginal area, feeling of a full bladder, and frequent urination and painful urination, burning after urination, similar to a bladder infection, and my symptoms were significantly worse after sex. It has become progressively worse as time goes on, so much so that almost every day I feel some symptoms, esp. the full bladder, frequent urination, bloating, a mild fever, blood in my urine, but the symptoms become much more severe after I have sex, sometimes so severe the painful urination, fever last into the early hours of the morning, and continue for days. And the sex is not anything that should cause any problems. I started having the symptoms about 3-5 years ago, have been checked by many doctors and all STD test come up negative, and always UTI test is negative, but sometimes the doctor notes there is blood in my urine. I had a cat scan which was negative. At this point, although I am frustrated, I am continuing to pursue knowledge, and keep trying new doctors who might have an answer. I notice if I drink a lot of water during the day I feel ok. I notice if I take advil 400 - 600 mg + during the worst outbreaks it helps me aleveate the pain. I notice if I avoid alcohol, coffee, caffeine drinks and instead drink nothing but water and a ton of it, I feel ok. ( I shoot for a gallon of water a day, and on the days I succeed I feel the best ) I notice if I keep my vaginal area dry and shower with mild soap twice a day I feel better. Its not an answer, but the doctors have only had two suggestions IC (Interstitial Cystitis) or something else called Vulvadynia. Neither of which really appears to have much of a cure, nor a suggested cause to speak of. I am continuing to look, and if I find anything else I will post again. My parents seem to think that there is some infection that they either do not know about (some new bacteria or virus / something they have not discovered yet) or have not tested me for. I am not sure. The urologist wants to stick a probe up my urinary tract into my bladder - I think to confirm IC, or to elimnate other things (he mentioned something about possibly a weak vaginal wall between my bladder and my vaginal area, that causes inflamation and is exacerbated by sex). I am not yet ready for that test. These tests are becoming expensive. If I get no relief in the next doctor, I may try that next. I have not yet tried antibiotics, since all my tests have come up negative, no doctor will prescribe them, although I have asked they refuse, saying that they dont just throw antibiotics at it without knowing what they are treating. According to what I read that has not helped some people.

Hi I'm a 28 year old female , the same sort of thing has been happening to me for About 10 days now, my doc did urine test, almost all clear she said maybe a uti but said my body has probably fought it off but it still felt 'full' and pressure down there, I took Alprim prescribed by my dr, but I have just finished the course and the pressure is a lot less apparent but still there. My major concern is that I have noticed that my Urethral opening has enlarged and is red and sore. Also just before this started I had the realization of clitoral stimulation and think that perhaps I have 'over done it'??(a bit embarassing). But any way that's my story. I don't have any blood in my urine that I have seen. Any ideas?? Thanks

Hello Ladies,

I am a 28yr old female with some of the same issues. June 15th is when my symptoms have started. I thought I had a UTI, went to the doctors and the did a urine culture and it came up negative. I was already on a perscription of Keflex for an abcess I had, which went away but not the uti symptoms. So they told me to finish the perscription and to call back if I were having issues. So I went back to the doctors, the checked my urethra, did another urine cuture, checked for stds which all came back negative. The checked for yeast infections, BV, and there is no bacterial infection anywhere. I saw a specialist and he could not find anything either. So now I will be going to see a urologist on the 28th of July and see what they say. So when I pee I have this tingling, burning after I go and feels like I still have to go....I've looked everywhere online and cannot find anything. I don't think its IC because im not experiencing any other symptoms except for the burning AFTER i pee and the sensation of having to go again....does anyone else have this going on and did you find out what it could be?

Hi there, to the guest above, I'd like to know what you've got because I'm really wondering what this issue coudl be, especially since you have not had any luck in talking to your doctors about this issue just yet. Can you please keep us posted on how you're doing and let us know what the diagnosis is? Thanks!

Hi!I too suffer from the same problem.Before marriage,it used to be severe.But after marriage(married for a year)it has subsided to some extent.If possible,wash your vulva everytime after peeing,instead of just wiping.Shave off all pubic hair.Keep the area clean and dry as possible.Believe me,these small corrective steps will go a long way in giving you relief.If treated now,you will face no sexual problems amd your husband will also be safe from STD's that he might contract while having sex.
Love you,
Indira

i also have a similar problem. i checked out clean at the doctors. i'v got itching of my urethra, the need to urinate more frequently and after i urinate i feel like i need to go again. it also hurts to urinate. i have had the symptoms for about a week now and they only seem to be getting worse. i think it might have started after i was rubbing my clitoris during sex. (only thing i can think of) : / if you find out what it is please let me know. this is really irritating me ><

Hey girls, I'm 18 and this just started for me like a week ago. I'm not having any burning sensations, just the itching down there. Everything LOOKS normal, but the itching is REALLY irritating. I have to pee all the time and I don't really know what to do about it. I recently lost my virginity and have only had sex maybe twice. I really want to know what's wrong down there, because I don't think I could handle this getting any worse. Please help  %-)

it's interesting how you just said and your husband won't suffer from any stds but if your married why would your husband contract an STD? I'm just asking?

Check out vulvodynia.

Hey there ladies, 

I would def. check out the IC theory. My mom has IC and although I haven't yet gone to the doctor to be diagnosed - over the past year when I thought I had a UTI and got checked, it always came up what my bladder was bleeding, but no bacteria was present. 

There is an IC website that shows you a list of food to stick to that are "safe". I would try that diet for a week or two and see how you feel. Also flush your system of water. You can also try buying corn, taking the corn silk and boiling that in water and then drink the water. Look up cornsilk for cytistis. It has a bunch of good, natural properties... random, but interesting. 

I just had an IC flare last week and it's somewhat gone away, but not entirely. I took UTI tests and got negative for bacteria, but now my vagina by the urethra is semi-itchy? I've never had this before and not sure what that's about...??? :( 

Good luck ladies. This forum is great and it certainly is nice knowing that we're not alone in this. It can be so hard to talk about... 

xoxo

Have you tried estrogen cream to strengthen the vaginal/ bladder tissues? Also I went on a continuous low dose est/ prog birth control pill and it has helped. Not perfect but much fewer burning pain episodes!