I want to thank you for this post. I had my mirena out 4 weeks ago and what you describe is EXACTLY how I am bleeding! I am still bleeding into the 4th week and some days it GUSHES out. Indescribable! Terrifying. Had blood testing to check for anemia yesterday. I feel dizzy and tired and there was NO warning it could be quite this bad.

I am having similar problems I have had brown vaginal discharge for ten days now but I had three insemination with in same week of having coil out in October

I'm 48. My mirena coil was in for a year, during which I had constant spotting, sometimes heavier. My body 'expelled' it on 19th Dec. Two and a bit weeks later, I'm still passing clots the size of lamb's liver and can't go anywhere for fear of flooding. I have a call arranged in the morning to talk to my gp. I return to work on Monday after the Christmas break and am terrified of losing so much blood in front of students (I'm a teacher). Will not be having another one fitted again.

Wow reading your story is just like my life.
I had the coil fitted as I have very heavy painful periods.
The coil has done its job BUT the headaches were unbearable and feeling fat and bloated.
Coil was removed on Monday and I won't have it back in.
What tablets did you get from the doctor?
My doctor also spoke to me about ablation, did you have it done? X

Been referred to Huddersfield GI; consultant was excellent. Having endometrial ablation on 2nd May.

I had mine removed last week after 7 months of bleeding with the Mirena. I experienced the same thing with huge clots and sever bleeding. I'm on Cyklocapron to stop the bleeding but worried it will start again after this medication. Will the blood ever stop?

I have had my coil out 2 days ago and have just had the fright of my life. The same has just happened to me was like a slaughter house. Am resting in bed now hope you feel better...

Hi im 33 and had my coil removed nearly 3 weeks ago I had the spotting and cramping the day it come out then 2 days adter I woke In a puddle of blood.
I've been pouring with blood and massive clots now and been docs who put me on 3 different tablets which in my eyes is doing jack.
I've had a scan and been to hospital and.noone seems to know wats happening and leaving me like this.
I can't walk my son to school which is 20 mins away from us without being covered and use super plus tampons and night towels but no luck.
Can anyone give me more advice please as had enough and starting to feel the problems this can cause.

Hi ladies I know this is old post but hoping for some advice. I had marina coil for a year had it removed around 2months ago got told I'll have a bleed straight away and was expecting to but nope nothing then today well I genuinely thought I was having a miscarriage (had one 7/8yrs ago exactly same symptoms n everything) so been driving alot today so thought that's why my back was aching then my tummy started and I felt I needed a wee bad gone toilet and lost a lot of blood as well as clots that was over 2 hours ago still bleeding not as much as it was and still lots pain lower back lower tummy also feeling quiet light headed. Rang docs they say it's the linning gave way that it's normal from having coil removed. Seems to have taken its time though 2 months. Anyone else had anything like this

I have had my coil removed last week and have bled ever since . not too heavy and some days just brown gunk but I don't feel great , I'm on a real downer , sore sore head and achy aĺl over. coincidence or hormone withdrawal?

I'm pretty much the same with exception of I had ablation first and mirena fitted, just had removed 2 days ago and started bleeding. Over a stone on.in weight, very hormonal, crying and shouting all time. Personally I wouldn't recommend but everybody to there own