Hi guys

I have had the mirena coil for 3 1/2 years now. Had it fitted in June 2009. Been having 3 monthly spotting while on mirena.

In March 2012, I started having normal periods every 3 months rather than spotting. In Novemeber I had a period tice, three weeks apart! Went to see my gynae who arranged a scan that showed 10mm thickened endometrium lining which was unusual for mirena as it thins the lining.

Had hysteroscopy and biopsy and removed the mirena at the same time. Started bleeding 2 days after removal. Normal period at the moment. Waiting for result of biopsy.

Has any1 else been investigated for heavy bleeding? If so what was the reason for bleeding despite being on mirena? Could the hormone have run out?

Appreciate any responses.

I received the marina in 2011 within the same here I had it removed because I started getting bad migraine now after the removal I could not get pregnant and I have not had aPeriod. In over a year and a half I've been trying to see doctors and no 1 can help me because I need a referral for OBGYN I want more kidst I just recently got married what can I do did anyone have any advice for me I've even had my thyroid checked