I've been having problems now for about 2 months.  I'll list what I've had done and the symptoms I have.

Symptoms:

Started with urethral irritation, like UTI, but NO burning.  Could not sleep, constant urge to void even after voiding.

Feels like swollen uterus or bladder, can't tell. Feels like I have sharp stabbing pains towards the edges towards my hips occasionally. 

Urethral irritation left, moved up to bladder.  Bladder feels full, swollen, possibly full of infection.  It feels warms and irritated (not sure if it's uterus or bladder). Still need to pee alot, as my bladder feels full sooner then normal.  

All the muscles around my panty line are achy and sore.  I have low back pain, but we're talking real low and it's not uncommon for me.

The feeling is alleviated when I have a full bowel.  The feeling is alleviated if I drink a lot of water and allow my bladder to get really full then void. 

Occasionally it feels as if my clit is irritated, like over sexual stimulation.  I know right now the feeling in my pelvic area feels like I have a warm/irritated feeling like slight burning from my vag up into my uterus or bladder.  Again, hard to tell.  

I have had long standing yeast infections, but my last test said I didn't have a yeast infection.

I am a hypochondriac, in the sense that I am always worried it's cancer... like always.  My life always feels on hold because I have one problem or another.

Tests:

Urine culture x 4, vaginal swabs, no yeast infection detected.  Pap smear nothing abnormal. Discharge was noted.  I've had a bladder ultrasound (not bladder scan), as well as trans/vag ultrasound.  Nothing abnormal detected.  However I was in SOOO much pain for that bladder test I had to void some urine, in order to even wait for my test.  I was advised too, because of the sheer amount of pain I was in. 

I am waiting for a bladder scan, and a cystoscopy. That will not happen until Jan for the bladder scan and the cystoscopy in February.  

In the meantime, I had done a oral yeast infection meds (micozonol or something).  They had me on a week of macrobid (which made me really sick).  I stopped 2 days early.  The doc didn't care though because he had determined I didn't have a UTI.  

Things that seem to help, taking cal/mag or magnesium supplements and Prelief.  Drinking citrus does seem to make it worse, or anything citrus related.  I am a pop drinker and have been my whole life.  

I noticed today there was a lot of discharge so I decided to take a internal cream to see if that helps, in case having a yeast infection was irritating my bladder more. 

Taking:

500mg Magnesium Cal/ Mag 350mg/175mg w/ Zinc D and C.Prelief before acidic meals.I'm on Vesicare 5mg (to relieve bladder spasms).

It is greatly affecting my sanity and my work.  Yet at this point the doctors are just going... shrug and I"m annoyed all to well...  

In the past 2 months I estimate I've been to the doctor 8 times.

I am wondering if I have an inflamed bowel that could be causing this, or even possibly IC?  Not entirely sure.  If anyone else would like to chime in, go on ahead as that is what this place is for.  I'm losing my mind and I feel like my doctors are not listening anymore and don't seem to get just how much this affects my day to day life.

Also to add, I'm 31 and never had children.  All my parts are there.

Only thing I've had removed is my gallbladder and I have major acid reflux.

I would get a contrast CT scan done.

What would be the point of a contrast CT... what would that diagnose or rule out?

I am a 38 yr old mom of 3 boys. I have been experiencing these exact same symptoms for almost one month. I have had an ultrasound and CT scan (w/out dye contrast) which all appear to be normal. Urinalysis show NO bacteria or signs of infection with the exception there is WBC present which shows my bladder is somewhat inflamed and now they are able to detect blood in my urine. I have to wait another week to see my regular OB/GYN, but feeling quite helpless at this point. I feel sick, fatigued, and really wish they could give me an answer. At this point, I am wondering if I need to see a urologist? Was told 3 years ago the muscles that hold my uterus up are not doing there job. My thought is that my uterus is putting pressure on my bladder and causing the bladder infection type symptoms?? I also feel like I am losing my mind when the doctors tell me nothing is wrong!

I bet that you are right. I am currently seeing a urologist if only by teleconference, however he thinks I have IC. So I'm on Elmiron and I just started. I have not had any CT's as I refuse to have these. They can do a MRI, there is no reason they can't they just want to save money, and well I want to save myself from the radiation. Mind you they haven't even offered a CT scan either so. I am waiting on the urologist for Jan for a Bladder Scan and a Cystoscopy in February. My poor sister is terrified by the thought of it, thank goodness it doesn't freak me out that much.

Hi Jane,

That is so brave of you. People who love you would often be more worried than you because they care. Your sister probably loves you so much, and also doesn't want you to get hurt or feel pain. Just be thankful that you have people around you who care.

You have a long wait ahead of you for those tests. In the meantime, take good care of your health. Have a healthier diet and don't do anything that could put your health at risk. Take quality rests and sleep well. Hopefully, you will get better with little complications. Goodluck for the tests and take good care of yourself.

Hi Jane,

That is so brave of you. Don't ever lose that braveness.

People who love you will tend to show more concern than you do. But, that is only because they love and care for you so much, as what your sister must be feeling. She just wants you to be well and not get hurt or feel pain. They may become overprotective and overbearing, keep thinking that it is only so because they truly care.

You have a long wait ahead of you for those tests. In the meantime as you wait, keep your health in a good condition. Have a healthier diet, do some exercises, and don't do anything that could put your health at risk. Taking care of yourself will keep sickness at bay.

Goodluck for the upcoming tests! Stay healthy and well. Hopefully things will turn out okay and you will be better.

Sorry for the double posting! I thought the first one wasn't posted because it did not show even after refreshing the page.

Keeping good health is something that is fairly difficult for me. Because I am a soda pop addict. I need help with quitting. But getting healthy is always on my mind.

Hi there, I was just wondering whether you ended up getting a diagnosis on why your symptoms are there? I have literally exactly the same aympyoms and I am going mad! I hope all is well and I would really really appreciate if you would want tell me about this? All my hugs, Stacey

I have the exact symptoms and no doctor can help me. I feel miserable and can not do a thing. There has to be a solution to this madnes