I have a question. I am 45 and I was pregnant 5 times (but had 2 miscarriages). For the past few month I begun to leak urine (few drops), and I feel like something is pressuring on my lower abdomen, like I have prolapsed bladder and uterus. Could this be? Is hysterectomy the only solution?

Hey there,
Did you visit your doctor already? If you haven’t you should. Nothing could be said, unless doctor examines you. If this is the case (prolapsed bladder and uterus), hysterectomy is one of possible solutions, but I think not the only one. However, you should be consulting with doctor first.

Hello there,

The symptoms you are experiencing could be a sign of various urinary tract issues and not only prolapsed bladder. Also you would experience much more symptoms than just incontinence and bladder pressure. It is also possible that you have overactive bladder and the symptoms are very similar.

So the only thing you can do is to visit your doctor and do some tests. After the examination you will know for sure what is happening and what you can do about it. And if you are wrong and some infection is in question than it can be easily treated with antibiotics and there is no need for surgery.

After you finish with all this post us about your condition. I hope that you will be fine.

I am also 45 and in the same situation.I cannot stand for long periods of time without pain and discomfort.I have been told that surgery is more than likely.