Last summer I experienced 3 months of constantly painful bladder-very irritated. My doctor did extensive tests and realized that I DO NOT have Interstitial Cystitis. After 6 months of feeling much better i now have the same bladder discomfort for the last 3 weeks. I also have acid reflux disease but got off my nexium right before my first bladder pains last summer. Could acid reflux have something to do with my constant bladder irritation? Since I do not have IC?

I know this is a very old post but i thought id add to it anyway.
I had acid reflux problems for ages and had blood tests and stomach examinations and everything about a year ago, shortkly after i had my first bad case of cystitis/water infection, i have not been able to get rid of it since, ive been on numerous different types of antibiotics and tried drinking cranberry juice and doing everything your supposed to do when you have a water infection, its recently got to the point were my tummy cramps over if I hold a wee for too long. Its not the usual discomfort you get when you need a wee, its very uncomfortable and feels almost like a spasm. I have also wondered if this is related to my stomach problems.
Im off to the docs this week about it but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or know whats going on??

I am not sure how this all works, but I'm suffering from GERD and I have had a LOT of other issues, like terrible thrush that just wouldn't away and other issues I won't mention now, and it's taken so many doctor's appointments and I still don't have half the answers I am looking for. Now, I don't know whether these things are all connected or they have nothing to do with each other. I did read that inflamed bladder problems are quite common in people with GERD.  Maybe our bodies just get inflamed easily or something. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. In case, not having a proper diagnosis is not a nice feeling. I hope you will find answers. 

I am having the same problem. I started on acid reflex meds when my doctor thought I might have some gall bladder problems. Shortly after I ended up where I couldn't pee. I had to have a few dilations which of course has left me in more pain. After 2 rounds of antibs. and yeast meds I had a day of being pain free. However, the antibs upset my stomach and I too Nexium which took away my acid reflex and brought back my horrible bladder pain. Does anyone know what causes this? My doctors have no clue.

A few years ago when I first had to go on blood pressure medication, I had constant bladder irritation. The doctor did a scope, blood tests, etc. I went on antibiotics also. Finally I realized my badder problem started shortly after I was put on a new blood pressure medication. I told my doctor, and he put me on a new one. In a few days the irritation cleared up. So think back if there is something new in your diet or pills you are on. They may be causing the flare up.

Yes I have the sme thing! Someone told me their Bladder doctor said try Prelief from Walgreens!! Take with your meals and it will take the sting out of your Bladder and also I take AZO Cranberyy for Bladder infections! Also I take Omeprazole acid reducer When all else fails!!

I have the same thing. Acid Reflux and Bladder Pain. And the two definitely seem connected. About 2 weeks after finishing Prilosec, the bladder pain seems to go away. But when the reflux starts to come back, so does the bladder pain. The Prilosec seems to aggravate things a bit while I'm taking it and for an additional two weeks after (Prilosec side effects can last for two weeks AFTER you stop taking it). I don't have an offical diagnosis yet, but I've started on the IC diet and treatment plan (Prefief, etc) and it seems to be working.

If anyone has bladder infection symptoms and you test positivie in your dip but negative in your culture, make sure your dr. cultures for ureaplasma.  I had been fighting infection symptoms for months and finally found a dr. that tested for ureaplasma.  I started doxycycliine and was clear in weeks. 

I had what I thought a uti but after 2 times of antibiotics they nothing they've done kinds of tests, nothing, then I found out acid reflux could be causing it, so I got on nexnium...8 think it's to early for results.

cranberry juice or anything containing it is bad for your bladder!

Hope this is helpful... Ive had gerd, bladder irritation (severe) and irritable bowel with wind and pain.
Finally after multiple tests, ive got it figured out. I have intermittent bouts of high levels of stomach acid. It creates severe inflammation in the gut. I can fix it with an occasional h2 blocker.

Hi, I know this is a old post but I'd thought I'd reply to this anyway in the hope of finding out a bit more information. Like you, I've been a sufferer of acid reflux and after a bad case of reflux earlier on the week I have found myself to have frequent urination and cramps. Did you manage to work out if your stomach problems and urinary problems were related?

Its me experiencing the same... Tried numerous tests as well as antibiotics.. need help

Acid reducer is increasing discomfort to me

I see this original post is old but I thought why not give it a shot at this point. I had suffered with GERD and gastritis for months before finally being put on omeprazole. After an endoscopy, the doctor put me on 80mg a day for 6 weeks because of how bad the inflammation was. After being on the medication for about a month, I started to get urinary symptoms out of no where. I feel like I am constantly aware of my bladder and cannot seem to get relief after urinating. I do not know if the two have an correlation but I just stopped the omeprazole a few days ago to see if it would help the urinary part at all. Has anyone else ever had a stomach med cause urinary issues like this?? All of my tests for UTI's, vaginal infections/STD's, and ultrasound all come back normal and no bacteria.